Blog Tour- Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind - 28/5/18

Blog Tour 




Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind 
by Elizabeth McGivern




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind.

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Elizabeth McGivern for inviting me on the blog tour.

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Book Information 

Amy Cole is a stay-at-home mum and a woman on the edge.

After a very public breakdown and failed suicide attempt, Amy finds herself trying to make it through her everyday life as a high-functioning zombie.

Elle De Bruyn is a force of nature ready to shake Amy back to life whether she likes it or not.
After a fortuitous meeting, the two embark on a journey together which will change them both and help them find out exactly what they’re capable of when rock bottom is just the beginning.


Purchase from Amazon.com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B4FW7TZ/ref=la_B07B4HV9B6_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1519837964&sr=1-1


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

My Review 

5☆ A Sensetive Subject, with a unique witty twist.

Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind is a very different unique book. Elizabeth has taken a very sensitive subject and made it approachable, with adding witt and humour.


Amy suffers from depression.
So much so a heartwrenching event has made her so low she tries to commit suicide. Amy is a mother and a wife and she knows she can't give up.

I know it sounds really deep and your thinking it is going to be a tough read.
But Elizabeth has shown Amy's battles and triumphs as she makes friends, gets herself into mishaps, mayhem making me laugh out loud.

Amy meets Elle, and the two begin a beautiful and fun friendship as they help each other and give each other support and strength.
Amy and Elle get themselves into plenty of mischief that will have you laughing so hard.

Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind is a totally absorbing read that's beautifully written. The writing style is lovely, full of warmth, charm and witt. It really captured my attention, it was effortlessly fluid and captivating, pulling me in from the first page.
Elizabeth has truly captured the Power of Friendship and Family and how important it is.
The characters are strong and unique that you just can't help routing for them to suceed.

I really do urge you to give Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind a try, you won't be disappointed!

Oh and I forgot to mention how much I LOVE the Cover! It's really quirky. Perfect cover for the perfect book!
Enjoy!




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Sneak Peek Extract


This extract takes place at a Boogie Bounce class. Those unfamiliar with this: it’s a high-energy exercise class involving aerobics on a trampoline. Amy has agreed to go along to a class for the first time, not knowing that her companion (Elle) is actually the instructor. As she has spent her adult life avoiding exercise, she panic-bought a neon yellow ensemble in the super market which does little to help her go unnoticed.


"Now, we've got a newbie at the front here ladies, you can't miss her she's the one that looks like a fucking Simpsons character in that beautiful ensemble. Everyone give a big, boogie bounce, welcome to Big Bird!” shouted Elle.
A resounding ‘Hi, Big Bird!' echoed through the room and I prayed that the ground would swallow me whole, or if there was a God he could see fit that I bounced through the ceiling and into an A&E Department.
"Now you know the drill, ladies, we're here to sweat and if you're slacking off, you're out. I've got a waiting list coming out my arse so EARN YOUR PLACE!"
Her words of encouragement, which sounded more like a threat, were greeted by a resounding scream from everyone around me.
What the hell have I got myself into?
"Amy! Shift your arse onto that trampoline or I'll call you Big Bird for the rest of your natural born life," she shouted.
"Oh, yes eh ok."
I can do this, it's just bouncing up and down after all?
I gave a weak smile to the woman on my left but she was already lost in ‘the zone' or whatever these people call it. The gentle bouncing was nice, the rhythm was steady – not too fast – even I could keep up and was feeling a bit more relaxed with every passing second.
I didn't recognise the song but I decided to make up my own words to get me through the next three minutes:
Don't pee, don't fall, don't pee, don't fall, up, down, up, down, up, down, don't pee, don't fall. This isn't so bad.
The rhythm was hypnotic, the beat was strong and I was keeping up. I assumed there would be a break in between sets and a wind-down bit so it reassured myself that the whole thing would be over soon.
I am totally kicking ass
I could feel my shoulders loosen with the build-up of the music and it was fabulous. My ponytail came loose but I didn't care, I shook my hair free and kept up with the rhythm. It's amazing how freeing this all was and I wanted to kiss Elle for giving me this gift.
"Right, bitches, the beat is going to drop and you know what to do!" she shouted.
I found myself screaming with my boogie sisters in agreement and waited for whatever was next.
Then all hell broke loose.
This ‘dropped beat' we were waiting for turned my oneness with the universe into complete anarchy.
What the hell were these people doing? Why are her arms like that? What is this? Jesus, they're all doing it. Does she seriously expect me to do a turn? Are you serious?
I am in hell.
I did my best to keep up but I was at least three seconds behind everyone else. I could feel judging eyes on me. Their zen was being destroyed by a rhythmically challenged arsehole in their midst.
I wanted to punch Elle for putting me through this.
The next 45 minutes continued along the same lines. I could feel my face burning with shame and general sweatiness. There were no breaks, there was no wind-down, there was just bouncing; so much bouncing.
Finally, all that stood in between me and freedom was one final routine, so I resolved to get through it in one piece.
The thumping of the electronic bass started up again. My hair was matted with sweat and kept sticking to my shoulders or my face when I tried to copy the turns of the others. The song was marginally slower so I could just about keep up. I couldn't decide if I was starting to enjoy this or if I was starting to hallucinate due to dehydration.
I attempted a type of high kick, bounce combination and felt a sharp sting of pain against my hip.
Great, not only have I endured this, I may also need a hip replacement at the end of it all.
I made my bounces less enthusiastic after that but caught a glare of disapproval from Elle when I wasn't ‘giving it my all'. Out of fear, I upped my game again in the hope she would eventually get bored and look away.
Keep going, you can rest when she turns away.
Her gaze remained firmly on mine and I worried she was taking this drill sergeant routine too seriously.
She kept bouncing and then she added in a few new moves to the mix. Something involving her arms reaching down - the sweat in my eyes was making it ridiculously hard to see. It looked like a move I was never going to be able to do without falling head over heels so I ignored her and kept to the simple, safer, bouncing.
She kept this up for another ten seconds before finally flinging her arms in exasperation and shouted into her headset:
"For fuck sake, Amy, pull up your drawers! This isn't that kind of party.”
It took a few seconds to register that I was actually living a recurring nightmare of being naked in public. In my rush to regain some dignity, I managed to smack my lip off the handrail of the trampoline and fall over onto the woman on my right.
"AMY!" Elle shouted as she bounced elegantly off her trampoline and rushed down the steps of the podium.
"When I said give it your all I didn't quite expect this?"
"Cuth you full uf my trofthers?" I pleaded.
"What?"
"UF, UF!"
"Do you want me to help you stand up? Hang on, you'd better get your trousers up first. You're a little rebel, Amy, I'm well impressed with this free body vibe you've got going on but maybe ease the rest of us in first, yeah?"
"You're noth finny!"

"Ah, you're all right, princess. Let's get some ice for that lip."



πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š


Author Bio 




Elizabeth McGivern is a former journalist turned hostage-in-her-own-home surrounded by three men and a horrible dog named Dougal. 
In an effort to keep her sanity she decided to write a parenting blog after the birth of her first son so she can pinpoint the exact moment she failed as a mother. 
In an unexpected turn of events, the blog helped her to find a voice and connect with parents in similar situations; namely those who were struggling with mental health issues and parenting. It was because of this encouragement – and wanting to avoid her children as much as possible – her debut novel, Amy Cole has lost her mind, was born. 
Elizabeth lives in Northern Ireland although wishes she could relocate to Iceland on a daily basis.

To witness her regular failings as a parent you can find her on: 



Picture credited to Jess Lowe 



πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š


If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... Amy Cole Has Lost Her Mind by Elizabeth McGivern

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️






πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -