Blog Tour- Visions of Zarua 

Book Spotlight




Visions of Zarua 
by Suzanne Rogerson




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.......
Visions of Zarua 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Suzanne Rogerson for inviting me on the blog tour.

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Book Information 

Two wizards, 350 years apart. Can they save the realm of Paltria from Zarua's dark past?

An ancient darkness haunts the realm of Paltria.
Apprentice wizard Paddren is plagued by visions of a city on the brink of annihilation. When his master dies in mysterious circumstances, the Royal Order of Wizards refuses to investigate.
Helped by his childhood friend, the skilled tracker Varnia, and her lover Leyoch, Paddren vows to find the killer.
The investigation leads Paddren down a sinister path of assassins, secret sects and creatures conjured by blood magic. But he is guided by a connection with a wizard from centuries ago - a wizard whose history holds the key to the horror at the heart of the abandoned city of Zarua. Can Paddren decipher his visions in time to save the Paltrian people from the dark menace of Zarua’s past?

Universal Purchase Link - Universal book link
Visions of Zarua is only 99p for a limited time to celebrate the book birthday.


πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•


Author Guest Post 



A Rogerson family favourite - Carrot and Courgette Cake

When I first moved into my house over nine years ago, I was thrilled to have a garden for the first time in my life and threw myself into growing all manner of vegetables. The garden was mainly grassed over, but we cleared a space for my vegetable plot and it flourished. I even won first prize in a local vegetable garden competition!
Inevitably, for an amateur gardener, I had a glut of tomatoes and courgettes and I set myself the task of finding recipes to use them up. Aside from adding courgette to everyday meals like bolognese, stews, stir fries and shepherd’s pie, I’ve tried making chutneys, jams, ratatouille and cakes.
This cake recipe had become a family favourite and I’m delighted to share it with you today.

πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°πŸ’•πŸ°

Carrot and courgette cake




Ingredients
3 eggs
500g of self-raising flour  
1tsp of salt
2tsp of ginger powder
150g of raisins
300g of brown sugar
150g of rapeseed oil or melted margarine
Zest of a large orange
500g of grated carrot and courgette
3-4cm piece of ginger grated


Picture of Ingredients 



Instructions

  1. Measure all the dry ingredients into one bowl and all the wet ingredients into another.
  2. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
  3. Pour the mixture into two cake tins (I use roughly 8inch dia).
  4. Cook at 170 degrees in a fan oven for around an hour.


This cake is so simple to make, and it’s only a little more fiddly than making a normal sponge.
Over the years I’ve tweaked and perfected the recipe to my family’s taste. I’ve played around with the flour and often use gluten free, which works just as well.
I’ve reduced the sugar so this recipe is not particularly sweet, but if you have a sweet tooth you could increase it. I’ve also tried using sweetener, but I don’t personally like the after taste. I also sometimes switch the oil for margarine to make it a less fattening option.
But it is cake after all and it should be enjoyed. I love the fact is has so many healthy ingredients with plenty of vitamins and minerals; it makes me feel a little less guilty when I reach for that second slice.
This is always my kids’ first choice as a birthday cake and we have converted practically everyone we know into enjoying vegetable based cakes. We love it straight from the oven, though watch out for those hot raisins. It would work perfectly with a traditional cream cheese icing, but why waste calories on icing, when you can just eat more cake!
Give it a try and let me know what you think.




πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

GIVEAWAY


Win 3 x Paperback Copies of
Visions of Zarua
(Open Internationally)








*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome.  Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below.  The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over.  Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data.  I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.



πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

Author Bio 




Suzanne lives in Middlesex, England with her hugely encouraging husband and two children.
She wrote her first novel at the age of twelve. She discovered the fantasy genre in her late teens and has never looked back. Giving up work to raise a family gave her the impetus to take her attempts at novel writing beyond the first draft, and she is lucky enough to have a husband who supports her dream - even if he does occasionally hint that she might think about getting a proper job one day.
Suzanne loves gardening and has a Hebe (shrub) fetish. She enjoys cooking with ingredients from the garden, and regularly feeds unsuspecting guests vegetable-based cakes.
She collects books, loves going for walks and picnics with the children and sharing with them her love of nature and photography.
Suzanne is interested in history and enjoys wandering around castles. But most of all she likes to escape with a great film, or soak in a hot bubble bath with an ice cream and a book.
Social Media Links –




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....... Visions of Zarua by Suzanne Rogerson






πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Comments

  1. Thank you for joining Visions of Zarua's book birthday blitz. Seeing my cake recipe on your blog makes me want to get cooking, and eating! I hope others will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Suzanne πŸ’• Thank you so much for sharing your scrumptious carrot and courgette cake, I adore baking and they are two of my partners favourite veg, so I will definitely be giving it a try.
      Thank you so much for having me on your wonderful Tour xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling