Blog Tour - The Raven Tower 

Book Spotlight






The Raven Tower 
by Emma Miles




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
The Raven Tower 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Emma Miles for inviting me on the blog tour 

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Book Information 

What price will Kesta and the fire-walkers have to pay to keep their people from enslavement? The raids were more ferocious, more desperate and much earlier in the year. When Kesta sees in the flame who is really behind the attacks the Independent islands of the Fulmers seem doomed to fall. Their only hope is to cross the sea to seek the help of the King of Elden and his sorcerer, the Dark Man.

Purchase Links



πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•

Author Guest Post 


                The music of The Raven Tower.

I use music a lot to help me get into the right frame of mind for writing, as well as to evoke particular emotions for different ‘scenes.’ Previously I’ve tended to stick to my favourite composer, Hans Zimmer, who creates amazing music for films. Clint Mansell’s Requiem for a dream is also an absolute favourite of mine for writing battle scenes.
The Raven Tower was different, the music I found to inspire me was rather more eclectic. Much of it came from just hearing something that I really liked when I was out and about. Some came to mind when I was thinking of a particular character or place.



Teardrop – Massive attack
As well as being a wonderfully atmospheric song, I just loved the imagery this song conjures, especially the line ‘teardrop on the fire.’ With two of my main characters being fire-walkers – able to create and manipulate fire and travel through it in a trance-like state – it seemed to fit well with the story. To me it’s also about grief, about being honest with yourself about your feelings and daring to confess your love, despite being afraid to do so.

Into Dust – Mazzy Star
Another song that helps me sink gently into the ‘writing zone.’ It’s haunting beautiful and I think everyone who listens to it has their own understanding of what it means to them. In terms of the Raven Tower, it feels to me like two strangers who could become close, but they are afraid and let the chance slip away, their hopes, their potential future and memories, turning into dust.

Leave a Light On – Tom Walker
I loved this powerful song when I first heard it. Although the majority of the words don’t fit The Raven Tower, ‘leaving a light on’ is something incredibly important to two of the characters in particular.

One Night in Bangkok  - Murry Head
Okay, so there’s no chess in The Raven Tower, but when I was thinking of the capital city in Chem, Arkoom, I thought of it as being both heaven and hell, where both gods and demons walked, and this song immediately came to mind! This is how the character, Osun, describes Arkoom:
‘It is the centre of Chem, as though the very best and worst of what we are is squeezed in to one great city. It is both captivatingly beautiful and hideously ugly. The markets are overwhelming, even for a trader, if there is anything in the world you want to buy you can find it there. Anything. And the temple district in the inner ring, it’s a dangerous place, you can almost feel the Gods walking with you; but sometimes they are not Gods but demons.’ He glanced up at Kesta and she quickly turned away. ‘I dread to go there not least because I long to go there. For the weak, for the lost, for the hopeless and the hedonistic, it’s an addictive place.’

No Time For Caution – Hans Zimmer.
Of course, there had to be some Hans Zimmer in there! This particular piece, from Interstellar, is one of my absolute favourite pieces of music. I used it for any battle scenes or tense moments in the book.

Rhiannon – Fleetwood Mac
I originally thought of this for my main protagonist, Kesta, but it transpired that it actually fit her mother, Dia, better. There is a very spiritual feel to this song, the name Rhiannon comes from the Mabinogion with links to a Celtic goddess. To me it describes an independent, powerful, spiritual woman who is at one with nature and the elements.  

The Pretender – The Foo Fighters.
This is Osun’s song. Alone in Chem he survives by pretending to be whatever he has to be, to survive and obtain information. His life is a lie and he longs to be himself, although he has lost the person he was long ago. But it isn’t just about Osun, those few people he is connected to are also not what they pretend.

You’re Not Alone – Astraea
This mesmerising version of this song I first heard as a television advert and I stopped what I was doing and just lost myself in it. To me it’s about loving someone but supporting them in their life taking a different route than yours - basically letting them go – but keeping hope alive that they’ll return, that there will still be time to be together.

Mad About You – Hooverphonics
Yeah, okay, this one isn’t really that pertinent to The Raven Tower, I just love it! I guess you could apply it to two of the characters though.

Sevmemeliyiz – Sena Sener
Just a beautiful song where you can feel the heartbreak without even understanding the words. Roughly translated it runs along the lines of;
You who knows everything, you never knew me.
You who sees everything, you never saw me.
Maybe we should learn to love.
Maybe we shouldn’t love.

I hope you enjoy listening to these. If you read The Raven Tower make sure you listen to ‘Leave a Light On’ right at the very end πŸ˜‰
Emma x



πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

GIVEAWAY



Win 5 x Paperback copies of
The Raven Tower
(Open Internationally)





*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome.  Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below.  The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over.  Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data.  I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.



πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

Author Bio 




I presently live in the stunning county of Dorset where I’m a cat slave to Wolfe and Piglitt I spend as much time as I can outside in nature and love exploring and learning about new cultures and languages. I’ve visited Greece, Serbia, Transylvania, Sicily and Norway as well as making several road trips around our beautiful United Kingdom. I paint, sculpt, dabble in photography and do a little archery but most of all – whenever I get a chance – I write.
My writing started from a very young age when I often found myself being the one taking charge of and entertaining all my younger cousins. They loved to hear my stories and although they mostly called for ghost stories it was fantasy I fell in love with when I read The Lord of the Rings when I was ten. I went on to write stories and short ‘books’ for my friends through school and college; then one evening whilst I was waiting for my aunt and uncle to visit an image came to my mind of a boy sitting beneath a bridge. I didn’t know who he was or why he was there, but from exploring those questions ‘The Wind’s Children’ trilogy blossomed and grew with roots going back into his far history as well as stretching out to his future. The boy’s name was Tobias.
I have since left Tobias's world of 'Naris' to explore the Valley with Feather in the 'Hall of Pillars' which is now available through Amazon. I am now presently finding my way through Elden, the beautiful Fulmer islands, the ravaged Borrows and haunted Chem with Kesta Silene; a shamaness of sorts with a big journey ahead of her. I hope you come along to share her story and join her adventure; she needs you and you won't regret it.

Social Media Links
Twitter @EmmaMilesShadow



πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....... The Raven Tower by Emma Miles

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️



#TheRavenTower




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -