Blog Tour - The Doll Collector
Blog Tour
The Doll Collector
by Joanna Stephen
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
The Doll Collector
I would like to thank Emma at Bloodhound books and Joanna Stephen for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Murders that look like accidents. An accident that looks like murder.
A couple and their young son burn to death in a house fire.
A girl dies from a nut allergy.
A woman falls under a train during the rush hour.
An accountant falls down the steps to his basement.
Their deaths appear to be accidents but Gloria knows they were murdered because she murdered them. And every time Gloria kills she buys a doll.
But how many dolls will she need to keep her satisfied?
When Gloria takes a room as a lodger her behaviour starts to spin out of control. Gloria wants love and happiness and friendship and she will do anything she can to get what she wants...
ππππππππππππππππ
My Review
3☆ A Pacy Thriller
The Doll Collector, is a Sinister thriller.
When I first read the blurb I was really intrigued and excited. Normally books that feature dolls, freak me out but something about the blurb drew me in.
Gloria is a twisted and dark individual, with a very dangerous and sinister side.
You see Gloria has a secret.... she kills people and then buys a Doll as a trophy/memory of her kill.
Gloria is a serial killer, she kills anyone who has wronged her, disrespected her, annoyed her.
I really disliked Gloria, but she's not meant to be likeable. She's twisted, jealous and manipulative and very unlikable.
She moves in with Maurice, when he is looking for someone to rent his home with.
But Gloria quickly becomes possessive and jealous, controlling everything.
There was not one character that I liked in this book. But I really do think that was done for a reason. The Characters are all despicable, and out for their own gains.
The only character that I did find ok was Maurice, but I was willing him to get a backbone, as he was just a pawn.
Despite not liking the characters, this is a pacy thriller with a few twists along the way.
My only gripe was I wish we had more focus/story on the dolls. As I said before it's what drew me to the story, despite being scared of them. I just wasn't unnerved enough. When I read thrillers I like to feel my heart racing, unfortunately i just didn't get that and I can't put my finger on the reason.
Overall The Doll Collector is a Tense, Pacy Thriller, with Desperately flawed characters, some dark, twisty and at times sinister moments. Which made for an entertaining read.
The Doll Collector, is a Sinister thriller.
When I first read the blurb I was really intrigued and excited. Normally books that feature dolls, freak me out but something about the blurb drew me in.
Gloria is a twisted and dark individual, with a very dangerous and sinister side.
You see Gloria has a secret.... she kills people and then buys a Doll as a trophy/memory of her kill.
Gloria is a serial killer, she kills anyone who has wronged her, disrespected her, annoyed her.
I really disliked Gloria, but she's not meant to be likeable. She's twisted, jealous and manipulative and very unlikable.
She moves in with Maurice, when he is looking for someone to rent his home with.
But Gloria quickly becomes possessive and jealous, controlling everything.
There was not one character that I liked in this book. But I really do think that was done for a reason. The Characters are all despicable, and out for their own gains.
The only character that I did find ok was Maurice, but I was willing him to get a backbone, as he was just a pawn.
Despite not liking the characters, this is a pacy thriller with a few twists along the way.
My only gripe was I wish we had more focus/story on the dolls. As I said before it's what drew me to the story, despite being scared of them. I just wasn't unnerved enough. When I read thrillers I like to feel my heart racing, unfortunately i just didn't get that and I can't put my finger on the reason.
Overall The Doll Collector is a Tense, Pacy Thriller, with Desperately flawed characters, some dark, twisty and at times sinister moments. Which made for an entertaining read.
ππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Joanna Stephen-Ward was born in the Australian outback, and grew up in Melbourne. Her school days were spent dreaming about being an opera singer or a writer. To the exasperation of her parents and teachers she spent her final year sitting at the back of the classroom writing a novel set in WW2.
When she left school she went to an opera school where she was taught drama, movement and language pronunciation and had small roles in the workshop productions. She was not good enough to become a professional opera singer, but the seeds of her novel Vissi d'arte were sown.
She left Australia and spent a year travelling around Europe and the UK. While working in outpatients for the NHS she met Peter and they married in 1985. They lived in Richmond Surrey and she worked at The National Archives, an enthralling place for anyone interested in history or crime.
Having been brought up as a lonely only child, she was astonished to discover in 2010 that she was one of eight children. She and her sister had last been together on a verandah in the outback when they were babies. They had a joyous reunion in Cornwall in 2012.
Joanna has written seven novels and is working on her eighth.
Joanna’s Social Media Links:
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ joanna.stephenwardTwitter https://twitter.com/ OperaLover12 @OperaLover12Goodreads https://www.goodreads.com/ author/show/3020049.Joanna_ Stephen_Ward
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/
ππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....... The Doll Collector by Joanna Stephen
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
#TheDollCollector
πππππππππππππππππ



Comments
Post a Comment