Book Review- Prettiest Flower

Book Review






Storytime :-  Prettiest Flower
 by Anna Shuttlewood






On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.......
Storytime :- Prettiest Flower 

I would like to thank NETGALLEY, Quarto Publishing Group and Anna Shuttlewood
 for this copy which I reviewed honestly and voluntarily.


πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»

Book Information - Via NETGALLEY 


Hedgehog loves her garden. Passers-by often stop to admire her beautiful flowers. But one day Hedgehog wakes to find her pretty garden ruined! Who has eaten all her plants? Hedgehog blames each of her friends, but it wasn’t any of them. Then Hedgehog has an idea. After working all day tidying and replanting her garden, she sets a trap to catch the culprit. It is revealed to be a little caterpillar who has been eating her plants. Hedgehog confronts him, but they soon become good friends. Then one day hedgehog finds the prettiest flower she has ever seen has appeared in her garden. But where did it come from?

This beautiful story about hard-work, forgiveness, and compromise is sure to appeal to children and parents. Sweet animal characters and stunning watercolor artwork combine for an endearing story, perfect for bedtime.






πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»

My Review

5☆ A Charming and Beautifully illustrated Children's Book, mixed with educational topics.

The Prettiest Flower is beautifully ilustrated. It's a charming children's story with important messages about hard work, dedication, friendships, trust, mystery, nature and life cycles.

It's a wonderful short story about a little hedgehog, who adores her garden.
Several mornings she has woken up to her garden having been destroyed.

She is so upset and angry she blames her friends for potentially ruining her beloved garden.

Here is where the mystery element comes in, Hedgehog decides to play detective to discover just who is ruining her garden.

It's here she makes a discovery, that soon turns into a wonderful friendship. But that's all I can say as I don't want to spoil the surprise.

I really liked the extra discussion topics and activities at the end of the book.
It really helps with communication skills.
This gorgeous book can be read alone, with friends, at bedtime, within a group.
It's a perfect read for children aged 4+

I would love to see this book in schools as it can lead to so many extra curricular activities, such as gardening, searching for flowers, developing the senses, science, nature, drawing/art work etc...
I am a qualified nursery nurse and love children's books, the Prettiest Flower truly is a gem of a book that's fun, beautiful to look at, short enough to hold attention and has educational messages.

I highly recommend it.


Thank you to Quarto Publishing and Netgalley for this copy which I reviewed honestly and voluntarily.



πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»


If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....... Storytime :- Prettiest Flower by Anna Shuttlewood



πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»πŸ₯€πŸ¦”πŸŒ»

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -