Blog Tour - PICKING UP THE PIECES
Blog Tour - #LoveBookGroupTours
https://amzn.to/2DEWM22
PICKING UP THE PIECES
by Jo Worgan
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
PICKING UP THE PIECES
I would like to thank Kelly at Love Book Group Tours and Jo Worgan for inviting me on the blog tour.
ππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
A compelling and emotive fiction debut about a mother's unbreakable love for her autistic son.
Kate has a six-year-old autistic son, Sam. She has started a new life to escape her controlling and abusive boyfriend Jake. She believes that the past is behind her and that she and Sam are safe. But after spotting Jake through a misted-up cafe window, Kate knows that Jake has found her.
Kate confides in her neighbour Matt, a man running from his own past. He seems to offer a genuine chance at happiness for her and son Sam, but Jake is determined to get them back at all costs....
Picking Up The Pieces is an original, moving and gripping page-turner about a woman's search for happiness as she fights to protect her autistic son's future.
Kate has a six-year-old autistic son, Sam. She has started a new life to escape her controlling and abusive boyfriend Jake. She believes that the past is behind her and that she and Sam are safe. But after spotting Jake through a misted-up cafe window, Kate knows that Jake has found her.
Kate confides in her neighbour Matt, a man running from his own past. He seems to offer a genuine chance at happiness for her and son Sam, but Jake is determined to get them back at all costs....
Picking Up The Pieces is an original, moving and gripping page-turner about a woman's search for happiness as she fights to protect her autistic son's future.
Buy Link
CATEGORY: Women’s fiction, contemporary fiction, adult romance
πππππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A Heart Warming, Emotional Read
Picking up the pieces is a heart warming, emotional story of single mum's struggle to bring up her Autistic Son whilst hiding from her abusive Ex, the Father of her Son.
It's a story of starting over, struggles, triumphs, building friendships, trust and finding romance.
When I read the blurb for this book I was so excited. Autism is close to my heart as i worked with Autistic children and their families.
Kate is a single parent to the gorgeous Sam.
Sam is 6years old and is Autistic.
Kate was in an abusive relationship with Sam's father and she knew she had to escape. So that's exactly what she did.
But in doing so meant she could never truly relax and was always looking over her shoulder.
Kate is a fantastic Mum. But she too deserves to be happy. So when she meets the handsome and mysterious Matt who is living next to Kate, the two soon become good friends. Kate has her guard up but with Matt she slowly lets them down as, Matt too is nursing a broken heart.
There is quiet clearly a spark between the two of them, but can they open their hearts fully to each other..... or is Kate about to get her world blown apart?!?!
Sam stole my heart, his character was seamlessly written, believable, adorable and his relationship with his mum was so heart warming and powerful it melted my heart.
I only wish we had more of Sam's story.
I felt this book could of gone two ways, it had a sense of thriller and suspense to it, with Kate's ex.
But it was also a passionate and Compelling Romance that was rich with emotion. It was also about the bond, protection and love of a mother and sons relationship.
The characters were beautifully written, the pace was perfect, at times it had a hint of suspense, but then flowed into a warm and romantic pace where the romance fizzed.
I want to applaud Jo for getting Sam's Characters perfectly.
Jo has an Autistic Son, and she has bought Sam's Character to life with her experience as a Mum. It was 100% authentic and realistic. I know the autistic spectrum is so wide but from what I have experienced and read in this book, Jo has got it spot on.
Picking up the pieces is a heart warming, emotional, endearing read, filled with strength, romance and new beginnings.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Picking up the pieces it made for a compulsive and poignant page turner. I definitely recommend reading.
Picking up the pieces is a heart warming, emotional story of single mum's struggle to bring up her Autistic Son whilst hiding from her abusive Ex, the Father of her Son.
It's a story of starting over, struggles, triumphs, building friendships, trust and finding romance.
When I read the blurb for this book I was so excited. Autism is close to my heart as i worked with Autistic children and their families.
Kate is a single parent to the gorgeous Sam.
Sam is 6years old and is Autistic.
Kate was in an abusive relationship with Sam's father and she knew she had to escape. So that's exactly what she did.
But in doing so meant she could never truly relax and was always looking over her shoulder.
Kate is a fantastic Mum. But she too deserves to be happy. So when she meets the handsome and mysterious Matt who is living next to Kate, the two soon become good friends. Kate has her guard up but with Matt she slowly lets them down as, Matt too is nursing a broken heart.
There is quiet clearly a spark between the two of them, but can they open their hearts fully to each other..... or is Kate about to get her world blown apart?!?!
Sam stole my heart, his character was seamlessly written, believable, adorable and his relationship with his mum was so heart warming and powerful it melted my heart.
I only wish we had more of Sam's story.
I felt this book could of gone two ways, it had a sense of thriller and suspense to it, with Kate's ex.
But it was also a passionate and Compelling Romance that was rich with emotion. It was also about the bond, protection and love of a mother and sons relationship.
The characters were beautifully written, the pace was perfect, at times it had a hint of suspense, but then flowed into a warm and romantic pace where the romance fizzed.
I want to applaud Jo for getting Sam's Characters perfectly.
Jo has an Autistic Son, and she has bought Sam's Character to life with her experience as a Mum. It was 100% authentic and realistic. I know the autistic spectrum is so wide but from what I have experienced and read in this book, Jo has got it spot on.
Picking up the pieces is a heart warming, emotional, endearing read, filled with strength, romance and new beginnings.
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Picking up the pieces it made for a compulsive and poignant page turner. I definitely recommend reading.
πππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Jo Worgan is a freelance copywriter, columnist and book blogger.
She has published 4 non-fiction works aimed at parenting children on the Autistic spectrum, based upon her experiences as a mother of an autistic son.
Writing is what she truly loves, and Picking up the Pieces is her second novel following her first, An Unextraordinary Life.
Today Jo lives in Lancashire with her husband of 19 years and their two young sons.
When she is not busy writing, she likes to take her boys to the local museums, cafes, cinema, the Lake District and lots of playgrounds.
Twitter Handles
@JoanneWorgan
πππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... PICKING UP THE PIECES by Jo Worgan
#PickingUpThePieces
πππππππππππππππππ


Comments
Post a Comment