Blog Tour - The Nanny Song

Blog Tour 







The Nanny Song 
by Misty Mount




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you...... 
The Nanny Song 

I would like to thank Shannon at Shanannigans Tours and Misty Mount for inviting me on the blog tour.


πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•

Book Information 


Publication Date: May 10th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Fiction/ Suspense/ Romance
Publisher: Willow River Press

Mallory Riscoe is no stranger to dysfunction. Despite her tumultuous childhood, at twenty-two, she has established herself as a fully functional, self-made woman. However the safe, mundane life she has created for herself is quickly turned upside-down when she's falsely accused of theft and promptly fired. 

Meanwhile, a dismal pall hangs over the Colt residence. Since the death of his wife, Brendan Colt has struggled to care for his children; Kason and Meela. Each is lost in their own deep grief, but there is more to this family than meets the eye. 

Two worlds collide when Mallory accepts the job as nanny to the Colt children. Mallory begins to feel a connection, a whisper of trust between them, that could mean there is still hope for everyone involved to heal. But when an unspeakable secret is uncovered that bond, and possibly Mallory's life itself is now at risk. Can Mallory unlock the mystery intertwined in this chaotic family or will all hope of closure be lost forever? 

Purchase Links:

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Nanny-Song-Misty-Mount-ebook/dp/B07D1CQF66/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1540215168&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=misty+mount&dpPl=1&dpID=51wBnJHfs-L&ref=plSrch

Barnes & Noble:

Add to Goodreads
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40111371-the-nanny-song?ac=1&from_search=true



πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•


My Review 

5☆ An Endearing, Gripping, Complusive Read I Couldn't Put Down!!

Wow oh wow what a book! 

It was somewhat eerie and a lil chilling, completely endearing, emotional, Poignant and Heartwarming.
A beautiful read of friendship, dealing with grief, heartache, starting over, learning to accept and move on, learning to love, trust and respect.

I absolutely adored this gorgeous book I devoured it in one day I couldn't put it down.

Mallory is down on her luck after she was framed for stealing an expensive dress at a high end department store.
It's here she meets the troublesome Colt family.

Brendan the Dad, Meela 8years old and Kason 10years old & Golidlocks the loveable loyal dog.
Brendan is a single parent after he lost his wife in a tragic accident.
He is barely holding on, as he tries and fails to bring up his unruly children.
So without much deliberation he hires a Nanny.

In walks Mallory. She needs a job.

 Never expecting the job to be for Brendan and his wild children. 
But she feels compelled to take on the challenge!.... and boy is it a challange.
Plenty of mishaps and drama, as she battles to gain their trust and respect.

Kason is a shy, embarrassed young boy who is being bullied both physically and mentally at school. He holds deep emotional scars from a secret he is keeping.

Meela is cheeky, a lil bit of a brat at times, but she craves a women's love.
She seems to warm to Mallory fairly quickly.

Brendan is deeply flawed. He's angry, deep rooted emotions, takes his anger out on the kids, has no patience, compartmentalize his emotions.
What he needs is help, support and a lil bit of warmth... but is Mallory the one to melt his ice heart.

Mallory is also deeply flawed. It gets very very briefly mentioned she had an awful upbringing (I wish we would of had more of her back story) but she has patience of a saint, as the kids seriously test her.

There is so many layers to this story.
It's deeply compelling and addictive. There is an air of unease and mystery surrounding the house and family.

 I loved the lil twists and secrets. It kept me hooked till the early hours.

The pace flows along perfectly.
The characters are well written, multi layered and deeply flawed. 

At first I didn't particularly like Brendan and his family but as the story unfolds the pieces slot together it all makes sense why they act the way they do. I was able to warm to them.

Don't be fooled by the Title, there is so much more to this gripping and compulsive read.

 It's so hard to sum up just how good this book is.
I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the blurb but it was so much better.

There is mystery, grief, bullying, mild violence, irritating family members, secrets, lies, drama, romance, sabotage, sibling rivalry, mishaps, definitely mayhem, friendships, it was beautiful to see the children come out of their shell and shine. All these individual layers coming together to make a fantastic read.

This is my first book by Misty Mount and it certainly won't be my last.


Would I recommend reading this book..........without a doubt....100% .....YES!!


πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•

Mini Except 


A chilly breeze had picked up and it whispered all around her. She was hardly aware of the frigid temperature penetrating her thin pajamas as she stared at Brendan’s form in the darkened cemetery. His shadowy outline was so stoic and somber that Mallory had to fight against her desire to walk in alongside the man and place a comforting arm around his shoulders.


πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•

Author - Guest Post 


I still remember one of the first times it happened, when I got swept under a wave of fiction and lost myself in a sea of words. I was in third grade and it was free time in the classroom. This meant that while other kids were coloring, chatting, or grouping up to play board games, I was nose-deep into my own personal copy of The Boxcar Children #1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner. Just like the kids in the story, I was one of four children and, even though my siblings and I weren’t homeless orphans, this would not deter me from completely relating to the characters and—later—acting out scenes from the book in my backyard.

As I read the story for the first time, the sounds, smells and sight of my classroom melted away and became nothing but four orphans surviving on their own in an abandoned boxcar. I could see it happening in front of me like a movie directly downloaded into my brain.

I’m not even sure what broke the magical bond between me and the fictional world—maybe my teacher’s voice or a loud noise from one of my classmates—but when it finally happened I remember glancing at my surroundings in surprise. The noise from my classroom slowly filtered into my hearing like gradually turning up a dial, growing in intensity to a decibel that made me wonder how I could have ever tuned it out in the first place.

I remember looking around in surprise to find myself there at my desk. I had been “in the zone”—completely absorbed in the story so that the real world had no longer existed.

Instantly, I wanted more. I wanted to go back. I was addicted to the pleasure of escape and have spent my life chasing that fiction “high.”

Throughout my teen years, books were my answer to all of life’s problems. So I didn’t fit in? I knew tons of characters who didn’t fit in either. Problems with boys? Ew, fictional boys were so much better anyway. Just plain bored or depressed and in need of escape? Books were always there for me.

I think that books will always be my coping skill. I can’t imagine life without the possibility of getting lost in a fictional realm. Sure, I’ve been told that I should read less and get out more, but at the end of the day I think, “Eh, at least it’s not drugs or alcohol.”

Addiction is real, so do books—not drugs.




πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰

GIVEAWAY 


1 Print Copy of The Nanny Song & 2 Digital Copies







πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰πŸ“šπŸŽ‰

Author Bio 



Misty Mount has written since age five and was first published at fourteen. By day she's a caregiver, wife, and mother to a young son but during the quiet hours of night she becomes a novelist. 
"I read because my grandmother showed me how to immerse myself in books for recreation, relaxation or even as a coping skill.
I write because my head is filled with daydreams and I like to choose the endings."

Twitter: https://twitter.com/mistyamount @MistyAMount
Tag: #TheNannySong
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15569092.Misty_Mount


πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•


Tour Schedule


October 29th
Reads & Reels (Review) http://www.readsandreels.com
Didi Oviatt (Promo) https://didioviatt.wordpress.com
The Bookstanista (Review) https://bookstanista.com
The Voluptuous Book Diva (Excerpt) http://www.thevoluptuousbookdiva.com/
The Reading Mermaid (Review) https://tamarathereadingmermaid.weebly.com/
Where Dragons Reside (Review) https://kernerangelina.live/
October 30th
Helen Hollick (Guest Post) https://ofhistoryandkings.blogspot.co.uk/
The Cozy Pages (Promo) http://thecozypages.wordpress.com/
Darque Dreamer Reads (Review) https://darquedreamerreads.wordpress.com
My Books, My Baby, and I (Review) https://mybabymybooksandi.wordpress.com
Life at 17 (Review) https://lifeat17.wordpress.com
October 31st
Loving Life Every Day (Interview) https://lauramorningstar.com
Valerie's Musings (Interview) http://valeriesmusings76.wordpress.com
Bri's Book Nook (Review) http://brisbooknook.wordpress.com
November 1st
Dash Fan Book Reviews (Review) Dashfan81.blogspot.com
Wicked Good Reads (Review) http://www.wickedgoodreads.com
Plot Monsters (Promo) http://plotmonster.wordpress.com
On the Shelf Book Reviews (Interview) https://ontheshelfreviews.wordpress.com
November 2nd
Cup of Toast (Interview) https://cupoftoast.co.uk
The Genre Minx (Promo) http://www.thegenreminx.com/
Jessica Rachow (Review) Jessicarachow.wordpress.com









πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•πŸ‘¨‍πŸ‘§‍πŸ‘¦πŸ’•

Comments

  1. Amazing review! I'm so happy you loved it. Thank you so much for hosting today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Shannon, Thank you so much for having me on your wonderful Tour x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -