Blog Tour- Spiral Into Darkness

Book Spotlight





Spiral Into Darkness 
by Joseph Lewis




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.......
Spiral Into Darkness 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Joseph Lewis for inviting me on the blog tour.

πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Book Information 

He blends in. He is successful, intelligent and methodical. There are no clues. There are no leads. The only thing the FBI and local police have to go on is the method of death: two bullets to the face- gruesome and meant to send a message. But it’s difficult to understand any message coming from a dark and damaged mind. Two adopted boys, struggling in their own world, have no idea they are the next targets. Neither does their family. And neither does local law enforcement.

Purchase Links


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Sneak Peek Extract 


One of the investigators bring a deceased boy’s notebook of poems and short stories to a group of adopted boys. These boys, all adopted by Jeremy Evans and his wife, Vicky, suffered in various ways in their previous lives. The investigator hopes they might provide insight into the deceased boy’s life.

“He was more than lonely.”
“What do you mean?” Eiselmann asked.
Brian got up on his knees, took the notebook from O’Connor, and said, “This poem. The one about the potted marigold on the gray porch. He describes the porch as gray. The porch is old, and the wood is chipped. There isn’t any color used in the poem except for the flower in the pot. He goes on and on about how it smells sweet, about the bright yellow and red colors. But everything else is gray and ugly and chipped.”
“Because he’s lonely,” Billy said.

O’Connor waved him quiet.

Brian shook his head and said, “No, he’s more than lonely. He’s the marigold. He doesn’t fit in.”

The cops looked at one another, except for Weist, who was intent on Brian. “Explain,” Jo said.

“The other poem, the one about the highway.” He flipped a couple of pages until he found the one he was looking for. “He talks about how fast and smooth the gray concrete is. The only color was the yellow line down the middle. But he talks about the path behind the house that winds up the hill and into the woods. He talks about the trees, the bushes, the blue sky, and white clouds. In each of his poems, there is one thing that contrasts with another. One is plain, and dull and gray, while the other has color and taste and smell. I think he’s trying to tell us that he doesn’t fit in.”

“He doesn’t fit in,” Batiste repeated.

“There’s more to it than that, isn’t there, Brian?” Weist said with a smile.

Brian blushed, and he looked down at the floor. He looked up and said, “I think he feels he doesn’t belong.”

“What do you mean by that?” O’Connor asked.

“He was adopted, right? But his parents and his sister didn’t like him all that much. He was alone, and he was lonely. But more than that, no matter what he did, he didn’t fit in. He was just ... there. Like he didn’t belong.”

Bobby turned to him and placed a hand on Brian’s arm.

“What?” Brian asked.

“You don’t feel like that, do you? Like you don’t belong? I mean, we’re all adopted. Well, most of us.” This last he glanced at Brett.

Brian blushed a deeper red, and in a small voice, he said, “Sometimes.” He looked at Jeremy and Vicky and said, “Sometimes I feel like I’m visiting.”

“Why do you feel like that, Bri?” Bobby pressed.

“It’s not all the time. Just sometimes.”

George said, “Father, it is like I felt when I first moved in with you and the twins.”

Jeremy said, “I remember. You said you felt like you were upsetting the balance. You were afraid of coming between Randy and Billy, and Randy and me, and Billy and me.” He smiled.

“Yes,” George said. “That is what I felt.”

“But you don’t feel that way now, do you?” Billy asked.

“No.” George smiled. “We are all brothers, and we are all friends.”

To Brian, Randy asked, “Do you feel like that, like how George felt?”

Frustrated, Brian shook his head and said, “Not all the time. Just sometimes. The thing is, if I had moved in with Gavin and his mom, I would have felt the same way as Staley. Gav and his mom are best friends. I would have felt like I was intruding.” He shook his head and said, “But it’s not like I feel like this all the time.”




πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Author Bio 





Joseph Lewis has written five books: Caught in a Web; Taking Lives; Stolen Lives; Shattered Lives, and Splintered Lives. His sixth, Spiral into Darkness, debuts January 17, 2019 from Black Rose Writing. Lewis has been in education for 42 years and counting as a teacher, coach, counselor and administrator. He is currently a high school principal and resides in Virginia with his wife, Kim, along with his daughters, Hannah and Emily. His son, Wil, is deceased.
Lewis uses his psychology and counseling background to craft his characters which helps to bring them to life. His books are topical and fresh and appeal to anyone who enjoys crime thriller fiction with grit and realism and a touch of young adult thrown in.


Social Media Links
Twitter at @jrlewisauthor


πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about........ Spiral Into Darkness by Joseph Lewis

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️





πŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“šπŸ’•πŸ“š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -