Blog Tour - THE HEALER
Blog Tour
THE HEALER
by SHARON THOMPSON
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.......
THE HEALER
I would like to thank Emma at Bloodhound books and SHARON THOMPSON for inviting me on the blog tour.
ππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
How do you escape a life of conflict and abuse?
Being a young girl in 1940’s Ireland isn’t easy for Molly, especially since she isn’t like others. Her family and community are wary of the beautiful child.
As Molly becomes a teenager life gets harder and she loses faith in everything.
Molly is surrounded in danger. She must make choices. But will she chose the right path or is she doomed to a life of misery? Will she survive in a world of violence and crime? Will The Healer ever be healed?
ππππππππππππππππ
My Review
5☆ A Haunting and Enthralling Read that will get Under Your Skin!
Wow oh wow what a book!
A Gritty, Chilling and Taut Read that will get under your skin and won't let go! I couldn't put it down and I'm still thinking about it even now!
I'm not even sure where to place this book in terms of genre as it has a lil of everything.
The Healer has certainly made an everlasting impression on me, I don't know where to start my review!
I guess I should start by saying the whole book centres round Molly as we follow her heart breaking abusive childhood to adulthood where again she is abused and used.
Molly is what some would call a healer.
She has the powers to heal. Not everyone is worthy of her powers as some are quick to find out.
Molly calls upon her shadows to help guide her through life and to help heal people
Molly's character will get under your skin!,
Her parents call her simple or a half wit.
But Molly is anything but! Ok she can't read and barely speaks, but she is highly intelligent and just needs to be nurtured and loved.
Molly has never really had a family. Her Father is a useless drunk, her mother despised her, especially her unhealthy relationship she has with her father.
She is vulnerable and an easy target.
She had a captivating aura and people are drawn to her.
But i just wanted to protect her.
But can Molly ever escape her lifetime of abuse or is her shadows right.... and she will eventually find happiness and someone to love?
At times this isn't an easy read, it does contain child abuse, rape, prostitution and some violence but Sharon has written these issues with as much sensitivity as she can Still making an impact as the reader lives Molly's nightmare alongside her.
The Healer is a Poignant, Raw, Emotional, Enthralling, Chilling & Haunting Atmospheric tale full of cleverly plotted twists and suspense.
That's deliciously dark in all the right places, with the perfect cast of desperately flawed characters that get under your skin, a mesmerising pacy plot that kept me on the edge of my seat.
The Healer is an absolutely gripping tale that I couldn't put down!
Definitely one of my favourite books so fat this year!
I can't recommend this book enough!
Wow oh wow what a book!
A Gritty, Chilling and Taut Read that will get under your skin and won't let go! I couldn't put it down and I'm still thinking about it even now!
I'm not even sure where to place this book in terms of genre as it has a lil of everything.
The Healer has certainly made an everlasting impression on me, I don't know where to start my review!
I guess I should start by saying the whole book centres round Molly as we follow her heart breaking abusive childhood to adulthood where again she is abused and used.
Molly is what some would call a healer.
She has the powers to heal. Not everyone is worthy of her powers as some are quick to find out.
Molly calls upon her shadows to help guide her through life and to help heal people
Molly's character will get under your skin!,
Her parents call her simple or a half wit.
But Molly is anything but! Ok she can't read and barely speaks, but she is highly intelligent and just needs to be nurtured and loved.
Molly has never really had a family. Her Father is a useless drunk, her mother despised her, especially her unhealthy relationship she has with her father.
She is vulnerable and an easy target.
She had a captivating aura and people are drawn to her.
But i just wanted to protect her.
But can Molly ever escape her lifetime of abuse or is her shadows right.... and she will eventually find happiness and someone to love?
At times this isn't an easy read, it does contain child abuse, rape, prostitution and some violence but Sharon has written these issues with as much sensitivity as she can Still making an impact as the reader lives Molly's nightmare alongside her.
The Healer is a Poignant, Raw, Emotional, Enthralling, Chilling & Haunting Atmospheric tale full of cleverly plotted twists and suspense.
That's deliciously dark in all the right places, with the perfect cast of desperately flawed characters that get under your skin, a mesmerising pacy plot that kept me on the edge of my seat.
The Healer is an absolutely gripping tale that I couldn't put down!
Definitely one of my favourite books so fat this year!
I can't recommend this book enough!
ππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Sharon Thompson's debut crime novel 'The Abandoned' launched as a Number 1 Best-seller on Amazon kindle. Sharon writes crime fiction, short stories and commercial fiction. Sharon’s short stories have been published in various on-line magazines. www.Indulgeinwriting.com is her new online writing group. She is a regular contributor to Donegal Woman, Self Starter magazine, indulgeme.ie, and Ireland’s leading writing website Writing.ie. Sharon also co-founded a trending, writing tweet-chat, called #WritersWise. Sharon’s second, dark historical crime fiction novel ‘The Healer’ is out Jan 22nd 2018.
Social Media Links:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ sharontwriter/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ sharontwriter @sharontwriter
ππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about........ THE HEALER by SHARON THOMPSON
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
ππππππππππππππππ



Comments
Post a Comment