Blog Post - Dreaming of Christmas
Book Review
Dreaming of Christmas
by T.A. Williams
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.......
Dreaming of Christmas
I would like to thank T.A. William's, Ellie at Canelo and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily
I would like to thank T.A. William's, Ellie at Canelo and Netgalley for this copy which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily
🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕
Book Information
Previous Books : Dreaming of Venice, Dreaming of Florence and Dreaming of St Tropez
Genre: Women’s Fiction, romcom
Release Date: August 2018
Publisher: Canelo
It’s the dream Christmas: snow, mountains… and, er, an ex-boyfriend. But can Zoe still find love in the Alps?
Dumped on Christmas Eve by her long-term boyfriend, it's been a rough year for Zoe Lumsley. But then she gets an invitation she can’t refuse: an all expenses paid skiing holiday with old university friends.
The bad news: her ex, Grant, will be there with his new girlfriend. But so will her former flatmate Billy, the organiser, and in the meantime he’s done rather well for himself. As Christmas in the Alps approaches, it'll be great to see the old gang. Some more than others...
Perfect for readers of Tilly Tenant, Holly Martin and Philippa Ashley, this is the perfect magical Christmas getaway from the bestselling T.A. Williams.
Links to Book:
🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕
My Review
5☆ Enchanting in every sense, it's Irresistibly Warm and Romantic, A Must Read!
I adore T.A Williams books and when I see his latest book Dreaming of Christmas I just had to read it.
Dreaming of Christmas Of A Heartwarming and cosy festive read, that can be read anytime. Just be warned give yourself plenty of time as once you indulge you won't want to put it down.
This time round we meet Zoë.
When Zoë gets an invite to an old Uni friends lavish 5☆ hotel for a meet up. She is very apprehensive about going, as her Ex boyfriend Grant is bound to be there and she's not sure whether she can face him yet.
But her best friend Jules persuades her to take the plunge, after all it's an all expense paid for, in a gorgeous ski location in Austria. What more could you want at Christmas.
There is only one snag, Zoë's boss has found out that her Uni friend happens to be the elusive Mr Billy Fischer, reclusive multi Millionaire and founder of WF Computers. He wants her to dish the dirt on Billy, by getting an exclusive interview in order to gain a promotion.
Can Zoë risk her friendship and the privacy of her friend, or will she let her career and the idea of promotion take over?
Will Zoë and Grant rekindle their love after 10years together or Will Zoë's heart belong to someone new?
As always T.A Williams books wouldn't be complete without a gorgeous Fur Baby 🐶 and Arnie the adorable black Lab stole my heart with his loveable and cheeky ways.
Dreaming of Christmas is a beautiful story about Friendship, relationships, second chances, finding oneself, secrets, fun, humour, wit and drama. What more could you want!
William's has beautifully descriptive writing, which always enables the reader to fully immerse themselves into the heart of the story, which I love. He writes the most mesmerising and amazing stories,
With beautifully relatable and observed characters that spring to life on the page.
Dreaming of Christmas is Enchanting in every sense, it's irresistibly warm and Romantic, a real festive treat that
will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside.
The perfect read for lifting your spirits!
Once again Williams has written another Gem of a Book I couldn't put down.
T.A Williams is an incredibly talented Author and one of my favourite Authors.
If you haven't yet had the pleasure of reading one of his books, I definitely recommend reading this Gorgeous Book!
I adore T.A Williams books and when I see his latest book Dreaming of Christmas I just had to read it.
Dreaming of Christmas Of A Heartwarming and cosy festive read, that can be read anytime. Just be warned give yourself plenty of time as once you indulge you won't want to put it down.
This time round we meet Zoë.
When Zoë gets an invite to an old Uni friends lavish 5☆ hotel for a meet up. She is very apprehensive about going, as her Ex boyfriend Grant is bound to be there and she's not sure whether she can face him yet.
But her best friend Jules persuades her to take the plunge, after all it's an all expense paid for, in a gorgeous ski location in Austria. What more could you want at Christmas.
There is only one snag, Zoë's boss has found out that her Uni friend happens to be the elusive Mr Billy Fischer, reclusive multi Millionaire and founder of WF Computers. He wants her to dish the dirt on Billy, by getting an exclusive interview in order to gain a promotion.
Can Zoë risk her friendship and the privacy of her friend, or will she let her career and the idea of promotion take over?
Will Zoë and Grant rekindle their love after 10years together or Will Zoë's heart belong to someone new?
As always T.A Williams books wouldn't be complete without a gorgeous Fur Baby 🐶 and Arnie the adorable black Lab stole my heart with his loveable and cheeky ways.
Dreaming of Christmas is a beautiful story about Friendship, relationships, second chances, finding oneself, secrets, fun, humour, wit and drama. What more could you want!
William's has beautifully descriptive writing, which always enables the reader to fully immerse themselves into the heart of the story, which I love. He writes the most mesmerising and amazing stories,
With beautifully relatable and observed characters that spring to life on the page.
Dreaming of Christmas is Enchanting in every sense, it's irresistibly warm and Romantic, a real festive treat that
will leave you feeling warm and fuzzy inside.
The perfect read for lifting your spirits!
Once again Williams has written another Gem of a Book I couldn't put down.
T.A Williams is an incredibly talented Author and one of my favourite Authors.
If you haven't yet had the pleasure of reading one of his books, I definitely recommend reading this Gorgeous Book!
🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕
Sneak Peek Extract
In early December, she met up with Juliet in central London, their mission to find themselves suitably smart gowns for the Christmas Eve gala ball. Zoë was delighted to see Juliet again and to see her looking so good. She was definitely sounding much happier since moving from A&E, although there might, of course, be another reason for the transformation. The journalist in Zoë couldn’t resist doing a bit of digging as they sat in the cafe on the top floor of John Lewis in Oxford Street.
‘The big smile on your face, Jules – could it be down to something other than your job? Maybe somebody special?’
She saw Juliet’s cheeks flush and wondered if she had struck gold, but the answer did little to clarify the situation.
‘Nobody special, Zo. But now I’ve finally got a bit of time to myself, I’ve definitely been making some new friends. I’ve bought myself a bike and I go cycling most weekends with a bunch of people. Most of them are nice – some very nice.’
‘Male and female?’
Juliet gave her a long-suffering look. ‘Yes, Zoë, men and women, but I’m not about to leap into a deep and meaningful relationship any time soon, if that’s what you’re hinting at. Friends, Zo, just friends.’ She caught Zoë’s eye across the table. ‘Besides, after your experience of deep and meaningful relationships, I would have thought you’d be the last person to be pushing me into one.’
Zoë nodded apologetically. ‘Sorry, Jules. Just natural curiosity. You’re bright and you’re good-looking, I’d have thought you’d be hitched by now, that’s all.’
‘It’ll happen for both of us in due course, if we want it to. After all, we’re both only just thirty-two. There’s bags of time.’
‘Yes, I know, and you’re right.’
She took a sip of her cappuccino and looked around the store, realising how little she had been out this year. It really did feel good to be doing something other than working or sitting in her flat on her own.
‘It’s taken me the best part of a year, but it’s only just now that I’m beginning to realise that there is life beyond Grant. After acting as his personal housekeeper for years while he went gallivanting around all over the place, I’ve been starting to think I should maybe look around for some new friends of my own.’
‘That sounds much better than the last time we talked. I was afraid for a while that you still hadn’t got over everything that happened.’
Zoë shook her head. ‘It’s been a long, hard slog, but I think I’m just about there.’
‘So the thought of seeing him again in a few weeks’ time doesn’t bother you any more?’
‘Of course it bothers me, Jules. I really have no idea how I’m going to react – or how he’ll react for that matter. But I’m going to tough it out. I need to.’
‘Good for you, Zo. And just keep reminding yourself how badly he hurt you. He’s always been a smooth talker. Don’t let him persuade you into doing something you know you’ll regret.’
‘Oh, I won’t forget how he treated me, Jules. Believe me.’
They spent a couple of hours and quite a bit of money kitting themselves out for the ball, and Zoë couldn’t suppress a feeling of growing excitement at the prospect of spending a week in the mountains – and in a luxury hotel to boot. The weather forecasters were predicting a cold, snowy few weeks to come, so hopefully there would be good skiing conditions in Austria. She had checked Bad Bergstein on Google and discovered that, like most Austrian resorts, it wasn’t particularly high. According to a few online blogs she had found, it was not unheard of for the ski slopes at Christmas to be green rather than white. At least if she could get out and ski, she felt sure she would be able to put up with Grant’s presence. The worst possible scenario would be a grey, rainy week when they would all be trapped in the confined space of the hotel together. She kept her fingers crossed.
She hadn’t skied for several years now and she missed it. And it would be good to see her old university friends again – with or without Grant. However, there was always the article about Billy hanging over her head. Of course, she told herself, remembering the shy, retiring Billy of old, she might be able to persuade him to do an interview with her as an old friend and it might actually do something to help bolster his self-confidence. And, she told herself, she would do her best to make the piece kind, friendly, supportive, unlike some of the celebrity hatchet jobs that appeared in the media.
She hadn’t mentioned the article to anybody, and she had no intention of doing so, but the thought of Billy made her comment to Juliet as they were trying on shoes, ‘It’s funny thinking of Computer Billy as a celebrity. Of all the people I knew back then, he’s one of the last I could possibly have imagined. At uni, we hardly ever saw him and he rarely went out. I wonder if he’s changed.’
‘I was reading up about him and his company. Everybody says he’s a bit of a mystery man. I couldn’t even find a recent photo.’
‘The reclusive Mr Fischer.’
‘That’s right. I imagine that means he’s just the same. I wonder if he’s still got those thick glasses.’
‘Probably. You know, I don’t think I ever saw him without them. I couldn’t even tell you what colour his eyes are. In fact – and I know it sounds awful, seeing as he’s offering us a wonderful free holiday – I don’t really remember much about him at all.’
‘I know what you mean. He lived in his room, ate in his room, worked in his room – round the clock, too. And when he did emerge, like a mole from its tunnel, he barely spoke a word.’
‘He was a nice boy, though. On the few occasions we did exchange a few words, he was always very kind and eager to please. He was just so chronically shy. I bet he still is shy, and that’s why they call him reclusive today.’
Juliet looked up from a pile of shoeboxes. ‘You should offer to do a celebrity interview with him. That would be good for your career and it might be just what he needs to get him out of himself a bit more.’
Zoë couldn’t stop the blood rushing to her cheeks, so she dropped her head and concentrated on removing the paper wads from the toes of a pair of gorgeous Italian shoes with far higher heels than she normally wore. As she did so, she mumbled, ‘Good idea, Jules. I’ll have to ask him if he’s interested in something like that.’
🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕
Author Bio
T.A. Williams lives in Devon with his Italian wife. He was born in England of a Scottish mother and Welsh father. After a degree in modern languages at Nottingham University, he lived and worked in Switzerland, France and Italy, before returning to run one of the best-known language schools in the UK. He’s taught Arab princes, Brazilian beauty queens and Italian billionaires. He speaks a number of languages and has travelled extensively. He has eaten snake, still-alive fish, and alligator. A Spanish dog, a Russian bug and a Korean parasite have done their best to eat him in return. His hobby is long-distance cycling, but his passion is writing.
Author Social Media Links
Twitter: @TAWilliamsBooks
🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about ....... Dreaming of Christmas by T.A. Williams
🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕🎄☃️🏂💕


Comments
Post a Comment