Blog Tour - Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer
Blog Tour
Whist staying at her Great Grandmother's cottage in the country she finds herself swept into the cursed world of Suncroft where it is perpetual winter.
Her new friends believe she could be the Chosen One who it is foretold will lift the curse, but there are more pressing matters.
The Teardrops of Summer - magical crystals that render the owner immortal - have been stolen. Along with her telepathic husky-dog Protector Asher and her new friends, Josie must race to find the
Teardrops and prevent catastrophe for their world.
ππππππππππππππππππ
Author Guest Post
ππππππππππππππππππ
GIVEAWAY
She is married with two teenage children, and two huskies that are the inspiration behind Murphy and Asher in the books.
Lily Mae lives in Nuneaton, England and finds herself using local places and even her old school in her stories.
Family and friends mean the world to Lily Mae and many will find themselves popping up throughout the series.
Lily Mae also writes for adults under the name of Florence Keeling.
Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer by Lily Mae Walters
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Lily Mae Walters for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
Josie James is an ordinary 13 year old until something extraordinary happens during her summer holidays.
Whist staying at her Great Grandmother's cottage in the country she finds herself swept into the cursed world of Suncroft where it is perpetual winter.
Her new friends believe she could be the Chosen One who it is foretold will lift the curse, but there are more pressing matters.
The Teardrops of Summer - magical crystals that render the owner immortal - have been stolen. Along with her telepathic husky-dog Protector Asher and her new friends, Josie must race to find the
Teardrops and prevent catastrophe for their world.
ππππππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ An Enchanting and Magical Read!
Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer is a wonderfully whimsical read, full of fantasy, magic, enchanting characters and vivid worlds.
This book is aimed at middle grade but I really enjoyed it. I think it's the perfect book to read alone or together.
It will definitely capture children's imagination which is what fantasy and magic is all about.
Josie James is a brilliant character and she will definitely be a relatable character, she's strong, loyal, courageous and very likeable.
Although this is a fantasy book it's a nice light easy to follow read. Which I adore as some fantasy book can be too intense or difficult to follow.
I also love that there is a hint of mystery and plenty of adventure and intrigue as Josie James tries to solve the curse.
I am very excited to learn that this is just the first book in what appears to be a fabulous series. I can't wait to see what's next in-store for Josie.
I highly recommend this adorable and Enchanting book.
Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer is a wonderfully whimsical read, full of fantasy, magic, enchanting characters and vivid worlds.
This book is aimed at middle grade but I really enjoyed it. I think it's the perfect book to read alone or together.
It will definitely capture children's imagination which is what fantasy and magic is all about.
Josie James is a brilliant character and she will definitely be a relatable character, she's strong, loyal, courageous and very likeable.
Although this is a fantasy book it's a nice light easy to follow read. Which I adore as some fantasy book can be too intense or difficult to follow.
I also love that there is a hint of mystery and plenty of adventure and intrigue as Josie James tries to solve the curse.
I am very excited to learn that this is just the first book in what appears to be a fabulous series. I can't wait to see what's next in-store for Josie.
I highly recommend this adorable and Enchanting book.
ππππππππππππππππππ
Author Guest Post
Many people ask me what my typical day is like and to be honest it’s pretty much like anyone else’s. I wake up, do school run, head into work, come home, walk dogs, cook the tea and many other things. I don’t get the pleasure of writing everyday as unfortunately writing isn’t a career for me…yet.
So I thought I’d tell you what my dream day would be…
I would wake up, no alarm needed as everyone else is sorting themselves and I just have a day of writing ahead. After a soak in my Victorian roll bath with a good book I would descend my spiral staircase, make a cup of tea in my ‘Grinch’ mug and spread butter thickly on my toasted tea cakes before sitting in the window seat of my thatched cottage in the middle of a little village and watching the world go by.
After breakfast it would be time to walk through my beautiful garden, along the winding path to my writer’s office in the secret part at the bottom of the garden. Hidden by sweet smelling honeysuckle, it is my oasis of quiet where my brain can switch off from the world and plug into my characters and stories.
Inside is an old fashioned writing desk with the comfiest chair possible and I know it looks out of place but a laptop sits waiting for the next chapters to be written. There is of course an endless supply of tea and biscuits, sometimes cake and I whirl away many hours dreaming of new characters and stories.
In the middle of the afternoon I take my dogs for a walk, to clear my head and allow further thoughts to flow. A good walk always helps to solve a plot hole. Of course it’s a walk in the countryside and the sun is shining down, not too hot, I’ve got Huskies, just a warm spring day. The flowers are starting to bud and bloom and all is right with the world.
I head back to my little office where a ham and cheese sandwich has magically appeared along with a slice of carrot or fruit cake and of course another cup of tea.
More writing and then as the light fades it’s time to head back inside. Everyone is coming for dinner and we’ve got lots to do. We all work together and dinner is prepared in a flash, no arguments, no stress just everyone working together, happy and smiling.
Mum and Dad arrive first, he doesn’t have dementia anymore and knows who we all are and that I am a published author, he would be so proud. And to be honest with you my dream day would just be having my Dad back. To see him laugh and smile again as he used to, that would be my dream day.
ππππππππππππππππππ
GIVEAWAY
Win a Signed copy of Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer (UK Only)
*Terms and Conditions –UK entries welcome. Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below. The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over. Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data. I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.
ππππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Lily Mae Walters chose her pen name in honour of her beloved grandparents who also stare in the Josie James series.
She is married with two teenage children, and two huskies that are the inspiration behind Murphy and Asher in the books.
Lily Mae lives in Nuneaton, England and finds herself using local places and even her old school in her stories.
Family and friends mean the world to Lily Mae and many will find themselves popping up throughout the series.
Lily Mae also writes for adults under the name of Florence Keeling.
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/josiejames100/
Twitter- https://twitter.com/LilyMaeWalters1
ππππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Josie James and the Teardrops of Summer by Lily Mae Walters
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
ππππππππππππππππππ



Comments
Post a Comment