Book Post - Cinder
Cinder
by Marissa Mayer
On my Blog today I have the pleasure of
Sharing with you ........
Cinder by Marissa Mayer
ππππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
A forbidden romance.
A deadly plague.
Earth's fate hinges on one girl . . .
A deadly plague.
Earth's fate hinges on one girl . . .
CINDER, a gifted mechanic in New Beijing, is also a cyborg. She's reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister's sudden illness. But when her life becomes entwined with the handsome Prince Kai's, she finds herself at the centre of a violent struggle between the desires of an evil queen - and a dangerous temptation.
Cinder is caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal. Now she must uncover secrets about her mysterious past in order to protect Earth's future.
This is not the fairytale you remember. But it's one you won't forget.
ππππππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A gripping, Engrossing, thrilling, Read, that mixes fantasy, fairytale and modern day twists seamlessly.
This isn't my usual genre read but it's always good to challange your reading experiences and I'm so glad I did as Cinder was one gripping adventure.
It did take me a little while to get into the story as I'm not used to Cyborgs etc.. but once I got into the plot and it started to ramp up in intensity towards the middle I was hooked!
I Loved the concept of this modern day Cinderella Story where Cinder's is a
Cyborg and they have a Plague epidemic.... bit like what's happening now!
I did like the fact this story was loosely based around Cinderella but it was fresh and exciting and definitely not predictable!
When Cinder's meets Prince Kai at the market she doesn't expect to fall for him, I mean she's a Cyborg she doesn't have human emotions so how can she possible fancy him?
After years of her step family telling her she's useless she covers up her identity around Prince Kai, scared it might make him see her in a different light.
But things are going to get even more complicated when she is taken to the medical centre for testing after her step sister gets the Plague.
It's here she meets Dr. Erland who is about to blow her world upside down, with some shocking revelations!... so juicy! π
I have to admit I was very dubious of Dr. Erland and his intentions towards Cinder.
But things are about to get a whole lot worse for Prince Kai and Cinder when Queen Levana rocks up.
Wow she's a nasty piece of work & I was preying that Kai didn't give into her demands and threats of war and Wed her!!
I loved Prince Kai he really warmed to Cinder and their attraction just kept smouldering. I was willing them together.
OMG though what an Ending!!
Seriously didn't see that coming.
The ending does finish on a cliffhanger so I just had to go buy the second book!
CINDER is gripping, Engrossing, thrilling, it has an element of danger, mystery, plenty of secrets and juicy twists, romance and drama
It mixes fantasy, fairytale and modern day twists seamlessly.
The characters are an eclectic bunch, some good, some bad, some evil, some cunning and some dam right dashingly handsome just as you expect from a fairytale mix.
If like me you want to try a new genre that isn't too heavy on fantasy then Cinder is the perfect book for you!
I've already started reading the next installment I just couldn't wait!
ππππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio via Amazon UK
Marissa Meyer is a fangirl at heart, with a closet full of costumes, a Harry Potter wand on her desk, and a Tuxedo Mask doll hanging from her rear view mirror. Han and Leia are still her OTP. She may or may not be a cyborg. Marissa is also the NYT bestselling author of a number of books for teens, including The Lunar Chronicles, the Renegades Trilogy, and Heartless.
Sign up for her newsletter at http://www.marissameyer.com or
follow her on social media: Instagram: @marissameyerauthor Pinterest: @marissameyerauthor Facebook: @marissameyerauthor Twitter: @marissa_meyer
ππππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about....... Cinder by Marissa Mayer
πππππππππππππππππ

Comments
Post a Comment