Blog Tour - Sully's Glow
Sully's Glow
by Simi Godagama
I would like to thank Faye at Authoright and Simi Godagama for inviting me on the Blog Tour.
π»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»π
Information about the Book
Title: Sully’s Glow
Authors: Simi Godagama
Illustrator: Nicole Bartlett
Release Date: 5th March 2020
Genre: Picture Book
Page Count: 294
Publisher: Clink Street Publishing
Harpi the eagle discovers her inner voice that guides her to Sully, a boy with a glow. Sully is unaware of his glow until he discovers he has the capacity to help someone in need. After he meets Harpi, together they meet more friends who each in turn have their own issues that heal and transform through their encounters with one another. Eventually with their combined energy, they transform the world they live in. Sad Sully becomes Smiling Sully, Hopeless Harp becomes Hopeful Harpi, Perfect Parrot becomes Pitch Perfect Parrot, Greedy Giraffe becomes Grateful Giraffe and Cranky Croc turns into Courageous Croc.
π»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»π
My Review
5☆ A Wonderful Children's Picture Book, Educational and Stunning Illustrations.
Sully's Glow is such a delightful children's picture book. The illustrations are stunning, bright, colourful and eye catching perfect to capture children's imaginations.
The story is about 4 very different Animals each feeling sad for different reasons.
Then one by one they come together at Sully's
Blue House where they become friends, learn to be kind, brave, smile, laugh, find their inner beauty and have fun. Each of the Animals story is told in a separate chapter, but all the animals feature in each chapter as they help each other along the way. I adored the rhyming dialogue, and hats off to Simi Godagama as each paragraph rhymed in some way. It was very cleverly done and children will love the witty style. There is so much children / adults can do as a learning extension ie, learning more about the animals featured, also there is pictures of other animals you could get children to name them, you could draw more animals and find homes for them, talk about being kind to others to name a few ideas... I simply adored Sully's Glow it teaches children to be kind, it's ok to be sad and to be different, that if you work together to help solve a problem it gives you courage and confidence. As I said before the illustrations are simply perfect and children will relate. I loved the added edition of a Map of their adventures. I think this book would be suitable for ages 6-8years solo reading or 3-5yrs if you was reading as a bedtime story or group read. I also think Schools would love this book especially early years/ reception age. Would I recommend reading this gorgeous Children's Book?..... without a doubt.......100%..... Yes!!
Blue House where they become friends, learn to be kind, brave, smile, laugh, find their inner beauty and have fun. Each of the Animals story is told in a separate chapter, but all the animals feature in each chapter as they help each other along the way. I adored the rhyming dialogue, and hats off to Simi Godagama as each paragraph rhymed in some way. It was very cleverly done and children will love the witty style. There is so much children / adults can do as a learning extension ie, learning more about the animals featured, also there is pictures of other animals you could get children to name them, you could draw more animals and find homes for them, talk about being kind to others to name a few ideas... I simply adored Sully's Glow it teaches children to be kind, it's ok to be sad and to be different, that if you work together to help solve a problem it gives you courage and confidence. As I said before the illustrations are simply perfect and children will relate. I loved the added edition of a Map of their adventures. I think this book would be suitable for ages 6-8years solo reading or 3-5yrs if you was reading as a bedtime story or group read. I also think Schools would love this book especially early years/ reception age. Would I recommend reading this gorgeous Children's Book?..... without a doubt.......100%..... Yes!!
π»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»π
Author Information
Born in Sri Lanka in 1979, Simi Godagama moved to England at the age of two and has lived in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, ever since. She studied Osteopathic, Ayurvedic and Chinese Medicine and today runs the Milton Keynes Acupuncture Clinic where she specialises in women’s health, mental health and fertility. Godagama founded the RuRi Foundation in 2019 which supports educational initiatives in Sri Lanka. She is the mother of six-year-old daughters conceived through IVF.
π»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»
If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about.......Sully's Glow by Simi Godagama
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the post below ⬇️
π»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»ππ»


Comments
Post a Comment