Blog Tour - Tooth and Blade








Tooth and Blade 
by Julian Barr




On my Blog today I have the pleasure of 
Sharing with you........
Tooth and Blade 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Julian Barr for inviting me on the Blog Tour



πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•


Book Information

Parts 1-3 of the legendary TOOTH AND BLADE series together for the first time!
Two worlds. One destiny.
DΓ³ta has dwelled sixteen years among the trolls. She knows nothing but the darkness of her family’s cave. Her mother says humans are beasts who would slay them all. Yet the gods of Asgard whisper in the night: DΓ³ta is a child of men, a monster unto monsters.
To discover her human side, DΓ³ta must take up her bone knife and step into the light above. Secrets await her in the human realm—beauty, terror, the love of a princess. 
Soon DΓ³ta must choose between her clan and humankind, or both worlds will be devoured in fire and war. 
A monster sheds no tears.
Norse mythology meets historical fantasy in TOOTH AND BLADE. Step into a realm of haunted meres, iron and magic.

Purchase Links



πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•

My Review 


4☆ An Enjoyable, Thrilling, Pacy, Endearing and Entertaining Read


Tooth and Blade is three fairly short Novellas written into one book, I actually really enjoyed this style of book. It made for a quick, endearing and entertaining read.

DΓ³ta isn't like the others. She's different from her Mother MΓ³dor and Brother Grethor.
MΓ³dor found DΓ³ta in The shivering woods, Near the man-

village, 16years ago whilst out hunting. MΓ³dor raised her as her own, teaching her to be one of them.

Despite MΓ³dor's warnings to stop asking questions about Humans and where DΓ³ta came from, she just couldn't help herself and was desperate to learn more and find the truths.

So when she finally decides to let DΓ³ta up to the Human world to learn how to hunt, DΓ³ta is taken back by how protective she is when her brother tries to kill a man.

Grethor leaves DΓ³ta in the Human world alone as she is a traitor and a thief as far as he is concerned.
But how will DΓ³ta cope with this unknown world? Can she find the answers she so desperately craves?

Tooth and Blade is a story full of adventure, mystery, fantasy, danger, discovery, it has a coming of age feel to it.
I really liked the sexuality aspect as DΓ³ta tries to figure out her sexuality and find her place. It's so important to let people know it's ok to be different.

I know books are all about imagination and personal interpretation, but I would of loved to of seen pictures of MΓ³dor and Grethor to see if how I imagined them to look was the same. Sometimes i think YA/NA books could do with a smidge of illustration.

This isn't my normal genre but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed reading all about DΓ³ta, and how quickly I settled into the story.
I am really looking forward to reading more from Julian Barr.




πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•

Author Bio


Julian Barr first fell in love with all things ancient and magical in childhood, when he staged his own version of I, Claudius using sock puppets. After his PhD in Classics, he did a brief stint as a schoolteacher, hated being called 'sir,' and dived into storytelling. Although he remains open to the possibilities of sock puppet theatre, historical fantasy is his passion. He has published scholarly research on Roman medicine and the gastronomic habits of Centaurs, but prefers to think of himself as an itinerant bard. He is also the author of the Ashes of Olympus trilogy.
Social Media Links – 

πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•

If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about.....Tooth and Blade by Julian Barr

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the post below ⬇️




πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•πŸŒ»πŸ’•

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -