Blog Tour- ​Dortmund Hibernate - 22/7/18

Blog Tour 




​Dortmund Hibernate 
by C J Sutton




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
​Dortmund Hibernate 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and C J Sutton for inviting me on the blog tour.


💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Book Information 


Psychologist Dr Magnus Paul is tasked with the patients of Dortmund Asylum – nine criminally insane souls hidden from the world due to the extremity of their acts. 

Magnus has six weeks to prove them sane for transfer to a maximum-security prison, or label them as incurable and recommend a death sentence under a new government act. 

As Magnus delves into the darkness of the incarcerated minds, his own sanity is challenged. Secrets squeeze through the cracks of the asylum, blurring the line between reality and nightmare, urging Magnus towards a new life of crime…

The rural western town of Dortmund and its inhabitants are the backdrop to the mayhem on the hill. 

It's Silence of the Lambs meets Shutter Island in this tale of loss, fear and diminishing hope.

Purchase Link - http://mybook.to/dortmundhibernate




💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

My Review 


4☆ Very Dark Twisted Psychological Thriller

​Dortmund Hibernate is a Very Dark and twisted Psychological Thriller that delves into the minds of the criminally insane.

Dr Magnus has been tasked to interview the prisoners of the Dortmund Asylum to see if they are sane enough to move to another location.

From the very first few pages I was hooked, shocked, freaked out and the hairs on my arms stood up.
I honestly can't imagine having someone putting a spider up a teens nose and killing them from the inside. Then feeding the other teen to an anaconda. My biggest fear is snakes so I was Shitting myself just reading it.

This book isn't for those of the feint hearted, it's graphic, disturbing and will get under your skin! Certainly not a book for the early hours as I quickly found out.
But I just couldn't help reading.

The plot is compulsive, it's not particularly fast but it's of a consistent pace that creates tension and plays with your mind. But I guess that's exactly what it's meant to do, after all you are being giving an insider's look into the criminally insane.

If you enjoy very dark, disturbing, graphic, compulsive page turning psychological thrillers that get under your skin.
Then you must give Dortmund Hibernate a read!


📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Guest Post 

My Inspiration – Working as an Artist
While many writers are directly influenced by a specific artist, I think there would be too many individuals to claim as direct inspiration for the way in which I write. For me, I am inspired by the artist’s working life. To not be confined to an office from 9-5 and instead making a living off writing stories. It’s a dream, to wake up happy and look out across the expanse of the countryside as I create new characters and settings and tales from my own space. While this sounds like an end goal rather than an inspiration, it’s what motivates me to keep writing. This lifestyle would allow me to place a larger focus on my books and to ensure all ideas are full fleshed out before I send them out into the unforgiving world.
I’m inspired by Stephen King, who seems to live this way and is somehow able to pump out novel after novel each year. I’m inspired by Leonardo DiCaprio, who managed to break the “young star” complex and become one of the greatest working actors of all time through his love of a challenging project. I’m inspired by Donald Glover, who can work as an actor in his own television program by day and write music for his new albums by night. These people are living that artist lifestyle that is completely dictated by their need to create, and they are entrenched in an environment that supports creativity. They are not confined, for they live free within their own projects and they entertain the masses in the process.
The freedom of an artist gives imagination a clear path. If you’re not focused on getting berated by a boss or forgetting to submit a project, you’re able to breathe and create something worthwhile. I’ve heard the term ‘Day Job of Doom’ coined often by entrepreneurs and business moguls (I’d know, I worked for one) but this is only used to make everyone believe there is a blueprint to success. There isn’t. We all have our own path, and mine draws inspiration from the artist’s working life.
Dortmund Hibernate, my debut novel, was an opportunity to create the most despicable, deranged and utterly detestable human beings. To make matters more profound, I then locked them all in the one facility and forced a psychologist into their cells to hear their stories. This wasn’t my first story, but it will be my first published novel and I believe my creative space at home provided enough inspiration to create a truly original piece of work. I live in Coburg, a suburb in Melbourne, and from the second level of my house I have views of lush trees, historic buildings and the sky. In my office at work, I have no windows. Fiction is the view we choose to see.
I hope to achieve my end goal, as it inspires me every day. But at the present I have a working space at home which serves as a more-than-capable motivator for stories. You don’t need to be locked in a cell to write about confined spaces. The mind has a way of transporting us to wherever we need to go, be they dark or light. My next project will be much more open in location…but for the hearts of the characters, I cannot say.
Reading is another great inspiration, as the words on a page can make us be critical of our own work. I remember reading some passages from Daniel Shand’s Fallow that dealt with a similar theme to Dortmund Hibernate, and the difference turned out to be voice. I’ve spoken to Daniel and while we share views in this subject, it is our style that dictates how we write. I read for enjoyment and entertainment, but I also read for research and for inspiration. Stephen King dedicates talks to the reading process and what this does for our writing, and if the day was stretched to 26 hours I would probably spend the extra 2 reading.
I’ve dedicated a small section at the beginning of the book for more inspirations behind the story. I’ve already mentioned Stephen King and Leonardo DiCaprio, but the final inspiration is the imprint that fiction left on me through my grandparents. Walls upon walls of books, a new story while sitting in their loungeroom; they were not only passing down novels and picture books, but telling stories orally in a way that is slowly becoming lost in our world. There was no “and then he was like, and she was like”. It was structure and dialogue and scene setting. This book is dedicated to them.
Dortmund Hibernate – mybook.to/dortmundhibernate





📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Author Bio 






C.J. Sutton is a writer based in Melbourne, Australia. He holds a Master of Communication with majors in journalism and creative writing, and supports the value of study through correspondence. His fictional writing delves into the unpredictability of the human mind and the fears that drive us.
As a professional writer C.J. Sutton has worked within the hustle and bustle of newsrooms, the competitive offices of advertising and the trenches of marketing. But his interest in creating new characters and worlds has seen a move into fiction, which has always pleaded for complete attention. Dortmund Hibernate is his debut novel.     

Social Media Links



📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....... ​Dortmund Hibernate by C J Sutton

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️







💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -