Blog Tour- ​Chasing Black Gold

Blog Tour 






​Chasing Black Gold 
by Robert Stone





On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
​Chasing Black Gold 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Robert Stone for inviting me on the blog tour.

💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

Book Information 


ROBERT STONE was a serial entrepreneur – an enterprising individual, mostly on the wrong side of the law, who spent twenty-five years operating all over the world, before being arrested in Switzerland as a result of an international manhunt led by an Organised Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force. Over the course of his career, Stone earned and lost several lifetimes’ worth of fortunes, went to prison on three continents, used dozens of aliases, saw men die, and masterminded one of the biggest marijuana smuggling operations in criminal history. Fuel smuggling in Africa, trading fuel with generals, rebels and businessman, was both his career high and, ultimately, what brought him down.

Purchase Links:






💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

Guest Post 


Chasing Deep Gold – Part 4

I’m writing a non-fiction prequel to Chasing Black Gold https://www.thehistorypress.co.uk/publication/chasing-black-gold/9780750960335/
It has a working title of Chasing Deep Gold and is based on my career as an oil field saturation diver during the 70’s and early 80’s.

I worked all over the world in the oilfield commercial diving industry - Gulf of Mexico, California, The Beaufort Sea in the Canadian Artic, Brazil, Gulf of Thailand and of course The North Sea. Setting jackets, laying pipelines and installing risers was the main work for years.  At Taylor Diving and Salvage we pioneered the art of Hyperbaric welding, which is welding underwater in a dry atmosphere. Most of my work during the last few years I was diving took place at depths from 200 to 600 feet deep.
My first trip out to the Norwegian sector was in 1977. We landed in Stavanger, took another plane to Bergen where we spent the night. You had to be earning the money we did in order to afford the beer! It cost ten times there what it was in New Orleans.
The next day we boarded a supply vessel which took us up North to the field known as Statfjord. Only the newly installed platform structure for Statfjord A was there and the Derrick Barge we were going to be for the next few months had the topsides for the platform on her decks. Once that was put in place we were going into sat to connect the pipelines. It was around 450 – 500 FSW. The Saturation Complex was sitting on deck.
The topside lift required a weather window of no more than 3 foot swell for 12 hours. We never got it. As the weather picked up the anchor handlers picked up the barges 8 anchors and we got under tow for shelter. The seas built up to 60 -70 foot and because of the wind direction we could head for shelter in a Norwegian Fjord and had to head for Scapaflow in the Scottish Orkney Islands where we would shelter and wait out the weather.

I went up into the tower where I could watch the night and look around the barge. I asked the Barge Captain how it was going and if he minded if I stayed awhile which he didn’t. “You ever been in a Force 12 Storm before Diver?” I sure hadn’t. The seas were crashing over the bow and washing across the decks 20 foot deep. I looked down at our Sat system and thanked God we had not been blown down. The control shack had been smashed off and almost flat by the seas. The Life Support Technicians would have been killed had they been inside and of course the sat system would probably have lost pressure and we all would have perished as well. But we hadn’t so no need to worry about what might have been.
It was night time and looking up in the distance I noticed the lights of a helicopter going in and out of the clouds. Now you’d see it, now you don’t. I thought to myself that was one brave flight crew battling the elements just to keep an eye on us. I mentioned this to the Barge Captain who broke up laughing until tears were running down his face.
“Helicopter?!” he asked as he caught his breath. “Helicopter?!” he said again. That ain’t no Helicopter boy that’s our tugboat!”

What I had thought was a helicopter going behind clouds was our tow vessel up on top of 60 foot high waves then disappearing from view as we were down in the troughs of the giant seas.
He told everyone and I didn’t live it down for years




💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕

GIVEAWAY



Win 10 x signed copies of Chasing Black Gold (Open Internationally)









*Terms and Conditions –Worldwide entries welcome.  Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below.  The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then I reserve the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over.  Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time I will delete the data.  I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.


💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

Author Bio 




Author Robert Stone first came to Aberdeen Scotland in 1973 as a pioneer saturation diver in the early dangerous days of the North Sea. Retiring from diving in the mid 80’s he became a serial entrepreneur –mostly on the wrong side of the law. He spent the next decade operating businesses all over the world from his Aberdeenshire home.
Stone earned and lost several fortunes, went to prison on three continents, used dozens of aliases, and masterminded one of the biggest marijuana smuggling operations in criminal history. Fuel smuggling in Africa, was only one of his many exploits.
His Scottish wife and young children knew nothing of the dark side of his life until the day they were all arrested in Switzerland as a result of an international manhunt led by an Organised Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force.

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/thehistorypressuk/?hl=en







💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... ​Chasing Black Gold by Robert Stone

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️





💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -