My Review - Zenka - (8/11/17)
My Review
Ruthless, devious, and loyal, Zenka is a Hungarian pole-dancer with a dark past.
When cranky London mob boss, Jack Murray, saves her life she vows to become his guardian angel – whether he likes it or not. Happily, she now has easy access to pistols, knives and shotguns.
Jack discovers he has a son, Nicholas, a male nurse with a heart of gold. Problem is, Nicholas is a wimp.
Zenka takes charge. Using her feminine wiles and gangland contacts, she will turn Nicholas into the son any self-respecting crime boss would be proud of. And she succeeds!
Nicholas is learning fast that sometimes you have to kill, or be killed. As his life becomes more terrifying, questions have to be asked:
How do you tell a mob boss you don’t want to be his son?
And is Zenka really who she says she is?
299 pages
Published: November 6, 2017
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
My Review
5☆ Thrilling, Exciting Crime Thriller with a twist of humour
This Is my very first book by Alison Brodie but it will Definetly not be my last.
Fresh, funny, exciting, crazy, whole lot of fun. I can't wait to tell everyone about Zenka!!
I adored reading Zenka. At points I was in fits of laughter, Zenka is not a women to be messed with, shes a Hungarian pole dancer with an addictive accent, she's dangerous, sexy, has a killer instinct but under her steel she has a softer side.
Men and women equally are scared of her, but she can twist any man round her little finger. You wouldn't want to make an enemy of her.
I thoroughly appreciated Alison's writing style and her character development.
The whole way through the book Zenka remained in character her speech was brilliant, I was literally reading her in her highly addictive Hungarian accent it was really cleverly written.
Then you had Jack the East London Gangster Boss and his Cockney slang. Simply Brilliant! I'm a big fan of the Cockney slang and to see it incorporated with ease was so much fun. I even learnt a few new ones lol
Don't worry if you are not familiar with the fun Slang, Alison has added a Cockney Translation page lol Brilliant!!
I loved Jack and Zenka's relationship the bickering between them, yet Jack always gave in.
Then there was Nicholas Jack's illegitimate Son who he knew nothing about.
Nicholas is nothing like Jack, he is sensitive and shy and a Male Nurse. Well that is until he sets eyes on Zenka!!
Nicholas's world is about to turn upside down. Will Jack ever reveal his identity?
What secrets is Zenka hiding and who is the mysterious Alina?
You Definetly don't want to miss reading Zenka to find out!!
She will leave a lasting impression that I'm sure people will be talking about for a long tine !!
For me I enjoyed all the London references, the Gangster business, the interesting and unique characters, the crazy lil twists and turns, the Suspense, the almost slapstick humour which I adore, with a sprinkling of romance.
Would I recommend this book...... without a doubt....... 100%..... YES!!!!!
Perfect read for those looking for something different. It's a Fun Quirky crime thriller with a Dark Humour Twist.
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
Author Bio
Zenka
By Alison Brodie
When Alison asked me if I was interested in reading and reviewing Zenka, I was so excited!
I had heard so many fantastic things about her new book that I jumped at the chance to feature Zenka on My Blog
So it's with great pleasure, below is all the information you need about Zenka followed by my 5☆ review!
Happy Reading!
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
Book Information
When cranky London mob boss, Jack Murray, saves her life she vows to become his guardian angel – whether he likes it or not. Happily, she now has easy access to pistols, knives and shotguns.
Jack discovers he has a son, Nicholas, a male nurse with a heart of gold. Problem is, Nicholas is a wimp.
Zenka takes charge. Using her feminine wiles and gangland contacts, she will turn Nicholas into the son any self-respecting crime boss would be proud of. And she succeeds!
Nicholas is learning fast that sometimes you have to kill, or be killed. As his life becomes more terrifying, questions have to be asked:
How do you tell a mob boss you don’t want to be his son?
And is Zenka really who she says she is?
299 pages
Published: November 6, 2017
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
My Review
5☆ Thrilling, Exciting Crime Thriller with a twist of humour
This Is my very first book by Alison Brodie but it will Definetly not be my last.
Fresh, funny, exciting, crazy, whole lot of fun. I can't wait to tell everyone about Zenka!!
I adored reading Zenka. At points I was in fits of laughter, Zenka is not a women to be messed with, shes a Hungarian pole dancer with an addictive accent, she's dangerous, sexy, has a killer instinct but under her steel she has a softer side.
Men and women equally are scared of her, but she can twist any man round her little finger. You wouldn't want to make an enemy of her.
I thoroughly appreciated Alison's writing style and her character development.
The whole way through the book Zenka remained in character her speech was brilliant, I was literally reading her in her highly addictive Hungarian accent it was really cleverly written.
Then you had Jack the East London Gangster Boss and his Cockney slang. Simply Brilliant! I'm a big fan of the Cockney slang and to see it incorporated with ease was so much fun. I even learnt a few new ones lol
Don't worry if you are not familiar with the fun Slang, Alison has added a Cockney Translation page lol Brilliant!!
I loved Jack and Zenka's relationship the bickering between them, yet Jack always gave in.
Then there was Nicholas Jack's illegitimate Son who he knew nothing about.
Nicholas is nothing like Jack, he is sensitive and shy and a Male Nurse. Well that is until he sets eyes on Zenka!!
Nicholas's world is about to turn upside down. Will Jack ever reveal his identity?
What secrets is Zenka hiding and who is the mysterious Alina?
You Definetly don't want to miss reading Zenka to find out!!
She will leave a lasting impression that I'm sure people will be talking about for a long tine !!
For me I enjoyed all the London references, the Gangster business, the interesting and unique characters, the crazy lil twists and turns, the Suspense, the almost slapstick humour which I adore, with a sprinkling of romance.
Would I recommend this book...... without a doubt....... 100%..... YES!!!!!
Perfect read for those looking for something different. It's a Fun Quirky crime thriller with a Dark Humour Twist.
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
Author Bio
Alison Brodie is a Scot, with French Huguenot ancestors on her mother’s side. She is a writer and animal rights activist. Her books have been published in hardback and paperback by Hodder & Stoughton (UK), Heyne (Germany) and Unieboek (Holland). Alison is now a self-publisher. Here are some editorial reviews for her recent books:
BRAKE FAILURE: “Masterpiece of humor” –Midwest Book Review
THE DOUBLE: “Proof of her genius in writing fiction” -San Francisco Book Review.
Purchase Links
US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ B07534Y6QZ
UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/ dp/B07534Y6QZ
Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/ B07534Y6QZ
Australia: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/ B07534Y6QZ
UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/
Canada: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/
Australia: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/
Author Links
Twitter:
Website:
alisonbrodiebooks.com/untitled
alisonbrodiebooks.com/untitled
Goodreads:
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅
Once again here is a look at the Exciting Cover for Alison Brodie's Book Zenka. Don't forget to share my Post and let's get everyone reading Zenka!!
Happy Reading!!
π΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅ππ΅



Thank you for your fabulous review, Kelly. I am over the moon that you enjoyed it so much.
ReplyDeleteYou're very welcome Alison. Thank you so much for sharing Zenka with me. She is one Character I will remember for a long time! Can't wait to read more of your work. X
DeleteWould you like to read Brake Failure, which I released earlier this year? So far it has 28 five-star reviews from book bloggers. Let me know and I would be delighted to send it to you. x
ReplyDelete