Blog Tour - The Forgotten Secret 

Blog Tour 






The Forgotten Secret 
by Kathleen McGurl




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you......
The Forgotten Secret 

I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Kathleen McGurl for inviting me on the blog tour.

๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š

Book Information 

A country at war
It’s the summer of 1919 and Ellen O’Brien has her whole life ahead of her. Young, in love and leaving home for her first job, the future seems full of shining possibility. But war is brewing and before long Ellen and everyone around her are swept up by it. As Ireland is torn apart by the turmoil, Ellen finds herself facing the ultimate test of love and loyalty.
And a long-buried secret
A hundred years later and Clare Farrell has inherited a dilapidated old farmhouse in County Meath. Seizing the chance to escape her unhappy marriage she strikes out on her own for the first time, hoping the old building might also provide clues to her family’s shadowy history. As she sets out to put the place – and herself – back to rights, she stumbles across a long-forgotten hiding place, with a clue to a secret that has lain buried for decades.
For fans of Kate Morton and Gill Paul comes an unforgettable novel about two women fighting for independence.


Purchase Links
US  - https://www.amazon.com/Forgotten-Secret-heartbreaking-gripping-historical-ebook/dp/B07H2PMPR3




๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•

My Review 

5☆ Unputdownable, Mesmerising and Stunning read, that Stole My Heart.

WOW! I can't begin to find the right words to describe just how much I adored this beautifully compelling and poignant read.

Two very different women connected by different eras.
So brave and strong.
Standing up for what they believe in.

I don't want to give anything away.
But what I will say is, I enjoyed Clare's story.
After 25years of being belittled by her husband, she decides to take a stand and run away to Ireland, to live in her Uncles House that was left to her when he passed away.
Clare grows in confidence and strength, makes friends, and it's such a joy to see.

But Ellen's story BLEW ME AWAY!
I have always been fascinated with history, I can't say I remember dates etc... but I enjoy the stories.
So for me Ellen's story shone through and lit up the pages.
She tells of a story of the Irish Rebellion, falling in love, finding herself in turmoil, the trials and tribulations of war, family, heartache, loss and Love.
Her story had me deeply enthralled, and I shouldn't say This as i did enjoy Clare's story but I found myself eagerly turning the pages just to get another instalment.

The paced flowed between timelines seamlessly, as the story is told by Clare and Ellen in alternating chapters.
The plot was uplifting, mesmerising, thought provoking, heart warming and enthralling.
It's a story about love, heartbreak, danger, history, new beginnings, starting over, family, friendships, strength and heartache.
The Characters are strong, relatable, and both loveable, kick ass women that melted my heart.

The Forgotten Secret is an absolutely mesmerising and stunning read, that stole my heart.
It had me hooked from the first few pages, it was Unputdownable.

Would I recommend reading this Gorgeous Book..... without a doubt.... 100% YES!!



๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•

Author Bio 


KATHLEEN MCGURL lives near the sea in Bournemouth, UK, with her husband and elderly tabby cat. She has two sons who are now grown-up and have left home. She began her writing career creating short stories, and sold dozens to women’s magazines in the UK and Australia. Then she got side-tracked onto family history research – which led eventually to writing novels with genealogy themes. She has always been fascinated by the past, and the ways in which the past can influence the present, and enjoys exploring these links in her novels.


Social Media Links
Twitter: @KathMcGurl  https://twitter.com/KathMcGurl


๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about...... The Forgotten Secret by Kathleen McGurl

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️





๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ“š๐Ÿ’•

Comments

  1. This book sounds amazing. Lovely review Dash. I love Historical Fiction, especially with the dual timelines, so you know I am adding this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy thank you so much Carla ๐Ÿ’• I'm so excited for you, it's such an Enchanting read. I really hope you enjoy this one as much as i did x

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting me on the blog tour today. Delighted that you liked my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure Kath ๐Ÿ’• thank you so much for having me on your wonderful Tour. I adored The Forgotten Secret it was so enchanting. I loved Ellen's story it really touched me thank you. X

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Cafรฉ

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -