Blog Tour - The Girl in Red

Blog Tour 





The Girl in Red 
by John Nicholl




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you .......
The Girl in Red 

I would like to thank Heather from Bloodhound books and John Nicholl for inviting me on the blog tour.

πŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯

Book Information 

Kathy thought she’d met her soulmate. But Police Inspector Michael Conner’s behaviour changes on the day of their wedding.

Showing his true colours for the first time, Conner becomes increasingly manipulative, controlling and cruel as the months' pass. 

When Kathy tries to escape, Connor does his best to convince everyone that she is mentally ill. But Anna, Kathy’s identical twin sister, doesn’t believe it.

After a tragic event, Kathy decides enough is enough and elicits Anna’s help to rid herself of Connor for good.

But will Connor simply let Kathy walk away or have the sisters bitten off more than they can chew? 




πŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“š

My Review 


5☆ Devoured it in one night!
A Chilling Psychological Thriller!

I am a huge fan of John's writing, he is one of my favourite Authors and as soon as i see The Girl In Red I couldn't wait to delve in, and yet again he didn't disappoint.
I devoured this book in 1day! I couldn't put it down!

If like me you are a fan of Nicholls books then you will be aware that the subjects in his books are not for the feint hearted.
What I love most about his books is that no matter how uncomfortable the subject, he has this way of drawing you in and captivating your attention, almost as if for a split second holding your breath for fear of what will happen next.

This time round we meet Kathy.
Kathy is married to Michael.
Michael is a vile, manipulative, scum bag, abusive, wife beater, he actually made my skin crawl I wanted to punch him in the face. ( honestly he provoked Anger inside me, which I rarely feel in books)
You see everyone around Michael thinks the moon shines out of his bum, because he has the perfect cover up.... he is an Inspector in the Police Force, well known, respected and trusted.

So who was ever going to believe Kathy.
Not even her Mum. He convinced everyone she had mental health.

Can Kathy ever escape?
He owns her!
She is his!
The only way she can escape is in a coffin!

Like I said before this book isn't for the feint hearted. It has graphic scenes of abuse, some reference to sexual abuse and violence.
I understand this isn't for everyone but what Nicholl does is make a big impact, it relates to the story and makes you fully invest in the characters.

I can't go into too much more detail as i don't want to risk giving away the thrilling twists to the story, and wow was there twists! So very very clever!

My only gripe was the ending. I didn't like it. But it wasn't enough to drop a star for.
The ending did bring the story to a close, but I so wanted more.
There are questions I am desperate for answers to. I'm only hoping that there possibly might be a continuation 🀞

Once again John Nicholl has written an Unputdownable psychological thriller, that really got under my skin, kept me on my toes the whole way through, cleverly weaved in twists I didn't see coming, had extremely well written and believable characters, it was gritty, fast paced, compulsive, thrilling, suspenseful and perfectly dark in all the right places.

Would I recommend reading The Girl in Red?..... without a doubt!


πŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“š

Author Bio 


John Nicholl, an ex-police officer, child protection social worker and lecturer, has written six darkly psychological suspense thrillers, each of which has been an Amazon # 1 bestseller. 
John’s books are set in the UK and have a strong Welsh flavour. He began writing after leaving his job heading up child protection services for Carmarthenshire.
John has publishing deals with Bloodhound Books, W.F. Howes Ltd, and Hungarian publisher – konyvmolykepzo. His latest novel, Anonymity, will be published by Bloodhound Books in November 2018. 








πŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“š

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... The Girl in Red by John Nicholl

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️



#TheGirlInRed



πŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“šπŸ’₯πŸ“š

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -