Publication Day Push - Sea of Lies
Publication Day Push
Sea of Lies
by Rachel McLean
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
Sea of Lies
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Rachel McLean for inviting me on the blog tour.
💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕
Book Information
He abducted her. He fell in love with her. He helped her escape. Can she trust him?
Sarah Evans has returned home after being abducted and held in a dilapidated farmhouse by a group of men.
With her is Martin, who turned against the other men to help her escape. He says he’s not like them, and claims to be in love with her.
Can Sarah trust Martin? Does she share his feelings? Or should she listen to her father, himself deceitful and abusive, and turn her back on the relationship?
Sea of Lies is a chilling psychological thriller about secrets, trust, and a family falling apart.
A standalone sequel to Thicker Than Water
Sarah Evans has returned home after being abducted and held in a dilapidated farmhouse by a group of men.
With her is Martin, who turned against the other men to help her escape. He says he’s not like them, and claims to be in love with her.
Can Sarah trust Martin? Does she share his feelings? Or should she listen to her father, himself deceitful and abusive, and turn her back on the relationship?
Sea of Lies is a chilling psychological thriller about secrets, trust, and a family falling apart.
A standalone sequel to Thicker Than Water
Purchase Links
💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚
My Review
4☆ A Gritty, Pacy, Psychological Thriller!
Sea of Lies is a follow on book and although it is said to be a standalone, I feel I missed out on character development and back stories as i wasn't fortunate enough to have read the previous book.
I did find it took me a little longer to get into the book as I found myself a lil confused as to who was who. But I'm really glad I stuck with it as once I got into the story it got better and more gripping.
What drew me to the book was the intriguing blurb, Sarah returns to the village after being abducted, but what stood out for me, was one of her abducters returned her home safely after he fell in love with her.
Sarah's home life is a terrible one of abuse, bullying and manipulation so it's no wonder that she finds it hard to trust anyone.
Even I was sceptical of Martin's intentions, it just felt too good to be true. He rescues Sarah after aiding to kidnap her, only to fall in love with her!!
Will Martin win over her trust and the communities? Or is he just too good to be true?
This story is about secrets, lies, murder, manipulation, close knit community, trust, danger, family, relationships, it's a gritty, pacy read, that has just the right amount of twists.
The Characters are deeply flawed, well thought out and strong.
Sea of Lies is a Gritty psychological thriller, that I would recommend reading but suggest reading the series in order to fully appreciate the story.
Sea of Lies is a follow on book and although it is said to be a standalone, I feel I missed out on character development and back stories as i wasn't fortunate enough to have read the previous book.
I did find it took me a little longer to get into the book as I found myself a lil confused as to who was who. But I'm really glad I stuck with it as once I got into the story it got better and more gripping.
What drew me to the book was the intriguing blurb, Sarah returns to the village after being abducted, but what stood out for me, was one of her abducters returned her home safely after he fell in love with her.
Sarah's home life is a terrible one of abuse, bullying and manipulation so it's no wonder that she finds it hard to trust anyone.
Even I was sceptical of Martin's intentions, it just felt too good to be true. He rescues Sarah after aiding to kidnap her, only to fall in love with her!!
Will Martin win over her trust and the communities? Or is he just too good to be true?
This story is about secrets, lies, murder, manipulation, close knit community, trust, danger, family, relationships, it's a gritty, pacy read, that has just the right amount of twists.
The Characters are deeply flawed, well thought out and strong.
Sea of Lies is a Gritty psychological thriller, that I would recommend reading but suggest reading the series in order to fully appreciate the story.
💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕
Author Bio
My name's Rachel McLean and I write thrillers that make you think.
What does that mean?
In short, I want my stories to make your pulse race and your brain tick.
Do you often get through a thriller at breakneck pace but are left with little sense of what the book was really about? Do you sometimes read literary fiction but just wish something would damn well happen?
My books aim to fill that gap.
If you'd like to know more about my books and receive extra bonus content, please join my book club at rachelmclean.com/bookclub. I'll send you a weekly email with news about my writing research and progress, stories and bonus content for each book. And I'll let you know when my books are on offer.
What does that mean?
In short, I want my stories to make your pulse race and your brain tick.
Do you often get through a thriller at breakneck pace but are left with little sense of what the book was really about? Do you sometimes read literary fiction but just wish something would damn well happen?
My books aim to fill that gap.
If you'd like to know more about my books and receive extra bonus content, please join my book club at rachelmclean.com/bookclub. I'll send you a weekly email with news about my writing research and progress, stories and bonus content for each book. And I'll let you know when my books are on offer.
Social Media Links –
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rachelmcwrites
💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... Sea of Lies by Rachel McLean
💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕📚💕


Comments
Post a Comment