Blog Tour - The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore

Blog Tour 




The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore 
by Kim Fu




On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore 

I would like to thank Lucy at Legend Press and Kim Fu for inviting me on the blog tour.


🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕


Book Information 

A group of young girls descend on a sleepaway camp where their days are filled with swimming lessons, friendship bracelets, and songs by the fire. Filled with excitement and nervous energy, 
they set off on an overnight kayaking trip to a nearby island. But before the night is over, they find themselves stranded, with no adults to help them survive or guide them home.

The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore traces these five girls through and beyond this fateful trip. We see them through successes and failures, loving relationships and heartbreaks; we see what it means to find, and define, oneself, and the ways in which the same experience is refracted through different people. 

A portrait of friendship and of the families we build for ourselves, and the pasts we can't escape.



🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕

My Review 

3☆ A Short Read.

When I read the blurb for The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore I was really excited, it sounded like it was going to be a creepy enthralling read.
But Unfortunately this wasn't the case.

I found the whole story to be rather disjointed and at times confusing.

The start of the story was about Camp Forevermore, but it felt way too rushed and lots of characters were introduced I had no clue who they was or how they fitted into the story.
It was a shame as i feel, if there was more build up about the camp, had been given then it would of really set the scene nicely.

The story then goes on to follow each of the five girls after the Camp Forevermore, however each of their stories felt like short seperate stories and not connecting as a whole to the plot.
Which made it difficult to connect with the characters. I was expecting to delve into the girls lives and get a look into how tragedy effected them and their relationships with each other. But that wasn't the case.

I do think this book has potential but it needed more.
It did feel rushed in places and i felt Camp Forevermore should of got more storyline.
I would of also liked to of seen the girls stories connect to each other and have more reference to the main plot.

Overall an interesting read, but would of liked more storyline.



🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕

Author Bio 


Kim Fu is a Canadian-born writer, living in Seattle, Washington.
 Fu’s writing has appeared in Granta, the 
Atlantic, the New York Times, Hazlitt, and the Times Literary Supplement.


Social Media Links 
kim-fu.com

Twitter - @skimfu
Instagram  - @skim.fu



🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about....
The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore by Kim Fu

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️




#LostGirls




🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕🛶☠🏕

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling