Blog Tour - A Secret Scottish Escape
Escape to the beautiful Scottish Highlands for a heartwarming and feel good cosy romance that will whisk you away from lockdown!
When Scotland’s sleepiest hamlet becomes the centre of hot gossip, Layla Devlin finds herself caught in a mystery…
When Layla’s fiancΓ©e has an unexpected heart attack and dies – in another woman’s arms, no less – Layla is determined to pack up and leave Loch Harris, the village she’s always called home. But an unexpected inheritance and love for her quiet corner of Scotland send her down a new path.
Now Layla finds herself facing a whole new kind of drama. Rumours swirl that a celebrity has moved into Coorie Cottage and Layla is determined to have him headline her opening night at local music venue The Conch Club. But the reclusive star is equally determined to thwart Layla’s efforts. Rafe Buchanan is in hiding for a reason, and soon his past comes to Loch Harris to haunt him…
Purchase Links
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Secret-Scottish-Escape-Julie-Shackman-ebook/dp/B08T5WWNDR/
US - https://www.amazon.com/Secret-Scottish-Escape-Julie-Shackman-ebook/dp/B08T5WWNDR/
5☆ A Captivating and Enthralling Contemporary Romance. A Page Turning Must Read!
A Secret Scottish Escape was an Enthralling Read from start to finish. So much going on, a lil mystery, a lil suspense, a slow burn yet Enchanting relationship, Community Spirit, Family dramas and Music. A Page Turner!
Layla a freelanced writer fell madly in love with an older man.
Engaged and planning to spend the rest of their lives together, she never expected to see policeman on her doorstep.
Telling her that her fiancΓ© Mac has just passed away. Devastated she then learns that he passed away in bed with his ex wife in a hotel room!
Poor Layla's world is crashing down around her and all she can see is the two of them together!
But it's not all bad Mac has left her a fair amount of money and after much deliberation she decides to use that money for good! To turn an old boat house into a live music lounge, to help Loch Harris bring in more Tourists.
I really felt for Layla, she just kept getting more and more secrets thrown at her and none of them were very nice.
But she had so much strength and determination I'm not sure I could of carried on being so strong after everything she uncovers.
A Secret Scottish Escape is a Heart Warming, Compelling and Endearing Contemporary Romance. The location was stunning and very idyllic.
The characters were brilliantly written.
I loved all the juicy twists and Secrets. Oh and I loved the mystery and intrigue that shrouded Mask the elusive and awkward singer.
Oh and that ending wow....I really really hope there is more to come as I was over joyed by the discoveries!
I am married with two sons and have a poodle cross Romanian rescue puppy called Cooper. A Secret Scottish Escape is my fifth book.
I trained as a journalist and studied Communication & Media. When I’m not reading or writing, I love getting out for long walks, listening to music and watching romcoms.
Social Media Links –



Comments
Post a Comment