Blog Tour - The Huntingfield Paintress

Book Spotlight - #LoveBookGroupTours 





The Huntingfield Paintress 
by Pamela Holmes





On my blog today I have the pleasure of 
sharing with you.........
 The Huntingfield Paintress 

I would like to thank Kelly at Love Book Group Tours and Pamela Holmes for inviting me on the blog tour.



🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷


Book Information 

Plucky and headstrong Mildred Holland revelled in the eight years she and her husband, the vicar William Holland, spent travelling 1840s Europe, finding inspiration in recording beautiful artistic treasures and collecting exotic artifacts. But William's new posting in a tiny Suffolk village is a world apart and Mildred finds a life of tea and sympathy dull and stifling in comparison. When a longed-for baby does not arrive, she sinks into despondency and despair. What options exist for a clever, creative woman in such a cossetted environment? A sudden chance encounter fires Mildred's creative imagination and she embarks on a herculean task that demands courage and passion. Defying her loving but exasperated husband, and mistrustful locals who suspect her of supernatural powers, Mildred rediscovers her passion and lives again through her dreams of beauty. Inspired by the true story of the real Mildred Holland and the parish church of Huntingfield in Suffolk, the novel is unique, emotive and beautifully crafted, just like the history that inspired it.  


Buy Link
https://amzn.to/2W7fGaC

🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻📚🌼🌻🌷

Author Guest Post 


My Publishing Journey

It took me two years of research and writing to produce the manuscript for The Huntingfield Paintress. Could I face the possibility that the work would never be published? I began a tentative search for an agent, fearing rejection at every turn. Finding five agents listed in The Writers’ and Artists’ Yearbook whose interests seemed to accord with mine, I sent off introductory letters and a synopsis. I heard back from two and in the end, made the brilliant choice to go with Laura Morris, an editor and agent who was in love with my book.  Now we needed the right publisher. I attended a writers’ day as part of a festival where I heard Matthew Smith talking about his company, Urbane Publications. Impressed with his determination and vision to work collaboratively with writers, I asked Laura to contact Matthew to see if he was interested in my work. He was – and the deal was done.  
The manuscript was edited, a beautiful image chosen for the cover and The Huntingfield Paintress was published. Holding the first copy of my novel in my hands was a dream come true. When my second book, Wyld Dreamers, was published in 2018, it was just as exciting and special.
Then a new phase of work began. Marketing and promoting the book is a vital requirement of being a writer. In the last few years, I’ve developed a social media presence, spoken at countless events and festivals and run writing workshops.  I love meeting readers and writers and anyone connected with publishing. It completes the cycle to share my characters and their stories with others. 


🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷

Author Info


Pamela Homes - Pamela Holmes was born in Charleston, South Carolina. At the age of eight, she moved with her family to England. She studied nursing at London University as a mature student having spent three years living on a commune in Somerset where she developed a love of gardening, milking cows and laying hedges. She became a health journalist and on-screen reporter. She now works and volunteers to improve the lives of older people including those with dementia, and she sings in a rock band. The Huntingfield Paintress is her first novel. She won the Jane Austen Short Story Award in 2014 and her latest work was awarded Highly Recommended in the HISSAC competition 2015. Pamela is the mother of two boys and lives in London with her husband.


Twitter Handles
@UrbaneBooks
@Pammieholmes

Hashtags
#LoveBooksTours


🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about.......The Huntingfield Paintress by Pamela Homes

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️





🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼🌻🌷🌼

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Netgalley Review - The Teacher by Danielle Stewart -