Blog Tour - You, Me and Us - (13/12/17)
Blog Tour
Purchase from Amazon -https://www.amazon.co.uk/You-Me-Us-Liam-Hurley-ebook/dp/B076VDT5KG/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1509359576&sr=8-4
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€
Book Extract
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈπ
My Review
5☆ Fantastic!
You, Me and Us is very much an addictive read!
Once I started reading the time just flew by as I eagerly turned the pages!
Jimmy isn't exactly great with the ladies.... that is until he meets Erin Poppet.
She's everything and more.
He can't believe his luck when she agrees to come watch his band play at a gig where he works.
From that moment on they are entwined in a whirlwind romance.
Well that is until Daniel comes on the scene!
He is Erin' s Ex and he knows exactly how to mess with Jimmy's head!
After moving in with Erin after a couple of weeks. Things just don't seem to be adding up. Jimmy is getting more and more paranoid, till he discovers something on Erin' s computer!....
The End of Jimmy & Erin!!!
Just like that his homeless and heading in a downward spiral of self destruction!
Poor Jimmy is left heartbroken!
I adored Liam's easy style of writing. It just flowed right off the pages.
The story is written in Jimmy's voice and you are treated to all the juicy dialogue between conversations.
I liked Jimmy but could see early signs of a lack of self confidence and self esteem. Erin unfortunately thrived on his gullible personality and he's need to be liked.
Oh and I just want to say I loved the song 'Bang Bang ' such a catchy tune!
In fact I felt my self singing along to the songs mentioned in the book.
I thoroughly enjoyed You, Me and Us. It's a fun fast paced read, short meaningful chapters, great characters ( I even warmed to Ryan, Jimmy' s sarcastic band mate) , I was swept away with Jimmy's story. It's one you won't want to miss!
This book contains, mild sex scenes, some drug use and swearing. Just as a pre warning!
But i definetly recommend this book. Perfect anytime read!
Enjoy!
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€
Author Bio
1. It won’t cost you much.
2. It will be over relatively quickly.
3. I will be very grateful.
4. You can tell other people about it if you enjoyed it.
5. If not, don’t bother.
6. It’s always fun to have something in your hands to flick through.
7. You can review it online.
8. It will leave a mark on you.
9. You won’t want to put it down.
10. It’ll make you laugh.
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈπ
Giveaway
Win a signed copy of You, Me and Us (Open to UK only)
CLICK ➡ Here to ENTER the Giveaway
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about.........
You, Me and Us!
Follow the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
You, Me and Us
By Liam Hurley
On my Blog Today is fantastic book You, Me and Us.
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Liam Hurley for inviting me on the Blog Tour.
All the information you need about this exciting new book is below. Followed by my Review, a
Book Extract and a
Signed Copy Giveaway
Happy Reading!
πΈπ€ππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈπ
Book Information
“F*** you for breaking my f***ing heart…”
This is the heart-breaking yet hilarious story of Jimmy Rowland and Erin Poppet.
Jimmy Rowland has the perfect life. He works in his favourite bar by day, and by night he lives his dream with his two best friends in his band.
Erin Poppet crashes into Jimmy’s life like a beautiful storm. He falls in love with her as quickly and as deeply as possible. The intensity of their relationship leaves Jimmy with a broken heart, a useless vacuum and a demon inside him.
Jimmy’s dream life quickly becomes a nightmare when he loses his dream job and destroys his musical career live on stage.
When he hits rock bottom, he decides he only has one choice, to rebuild his life from scratch. He has to get back the life he had before Erin.
This is her story. This is his story. This is their story.
Or as Jimmy would say…
“… this is the story of You, Me and Us.”
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€
Book Extract
In this extract Jimmy has just finished a gig. Erin has come to watch him play for the first time and they are the last two people left in the bar. They are drinking and chatting...
“So, you enjoyed yourself tonight?” I re-joined you at the table and handed you your drink.
“I did.” You said. “Why do you only do covers by the way?”
“Covers? Oh. Well, we started off by just messing about in the flat, playing stuff we liked… then we just took that on to the stage.”
“Oh, fair enough.”
You took a sip of your drink. We held eye contact for a moment.
“Why? Did you get bored of hearing other people’s tunes?”
“Not bored no, I just find it odd that you don’t have any of your own songs. Has Ryan never wrote any, or Tom?”
“Tom struggles to write set-lists, never mind actual songs. And Ryan is more a tunes man rather than lyrics. If it was up to him we’d have a Hendrix-esque guitar solo every two minutes.”
“You could write one.”
“Well. Yeah. Maybe.”
I pulled my drink up over my face and took a swig.
“What’s wrong?” you squinted at me through the semi-darkness surrounding us.
“Have you gone red? Why are you embarrassed?”
“I’m not. Look, do you want a go on the mechanical bull? I can pull it out and set it up.”
I went to stand up and head for the store room, but you pulled me back down onto the couch.
“What’s wrong?”
“It’s nothing… just… don’t laugh… I wrote a song.”
“Why would I laugh at that? You’re in a band!”
“Yeah well, it’s just I don’t know, it’s a bit weird… writing.”
You laughed. But in a nice way, it made me feel a bit more comfortable. I laughed too.
“Don’t be stupid. You should sing it sometime, oh! In fact, sing it now, go on you can practice it!”
“Shut up.”
“Did you just tell me to shut up?”
“No sorry, I mean, I can’t. I don’t have any music and I’ve barely read it back since I wrote it… it’s probably crap.”
You then started to push me out the couch you’d just pulled me back on to.
“No go on, stand up, get back on that stage and sing it”
“I’m not singing.”
“But you’ve just sang for the entire club, come on, just one song.”
“No, I can’t sing with just me and you here, it’s weird.”
“Why is it? You sing on your own, don’t you? It’s just me watching.”
“There’s lots of things I do on my own I wouldn’t want you to watch.”
You laughed again. I could feel myself going, I was going to end up singing, all because of your stupid laugh.
“Please Jimmy.”
You opened your eyes wide and pulled a sad face.
“Oh God, bollocks, fine.”
“Yay!”
“But you have to sing with me.”
“What?”
“Sing with me, I’ll do a line, you do a line.” I smiled.
“But I’m not a singer.”
“I’m not asking you to do a whole gig, just half a song… plus I’m sure you sing when you’re on your own and it’s just me here.”
“But I don’t even know the tune or anything. Or the words.”
“Well I can remedy that. The tune first of all, is hmmm hmmm hmm hmmm hmmm hm hm.” I hummed.
“That doesn’t help at all.”
“You’ll get it, we just need the lyrics and I’ll start.”
“But I’m not a singer.”
“And I’m not a doctor, but if you collapsed right now I’d give you mouth-to-mouth.”
“What?”
“Nothing, what’s your number?” I pulled my phone out.
“Why?”
“I need to text you the lyrics, otherwise we’d both be huddled around my phone.”
“Why can’t you just message me them on Facebook?”
“I don’t know.” I said, my plan had fallen apart in two questions.
“Give it here.”
You grabbed my phone and punched your number in. You handed it back to me, I smiled down at my phone for a moment. All eleven numbers were there. Excellent.
“Right I’ve sent it you.” I said.
“I’m going to save you in my phone as Jimmy the Singer.”
“I’d rather you didn’t”
“Sorry already have.”
You flashed your phone at me to prove it. Great.
“Ok, so I’ll do the first line and you do the second.”
“It’s called Bang, Bang?”
“What’s wrong with that?”
“Nothing, nothing…”
You rolled your eyes.
“Right that’s it I’m not singing.”
“No Jimmy, I was joking.” You jumped forward and grabbed my arms. You held them for a second. We looked at each other. “Sorry.”
You pulled away.
“No don’t… it’s… yeah.” I shook the cobwebs from my head. “Look, let’s just get on with this debacle.”
“Okay.” You grinned.
I cleared my throat.
“So, we need to do a tune.” I patted the couch between us. “Like this.”
You copied me and we began to get a steady rhythm going. I took a deep breath.
“Okay, so I’ll do the first bit and you follow me in.”
“Sure.”
“I’ve never sang this for anyone else, so just you know… it’s not finished or out.”
“It’s fine, come on.”
“Right ok…” I waited for a few more beats to pass before singing the opening. “Bang, bang baby, shake shake, sugar.”
I pointed at you. You were smiling at me.
“Oh! Sorry.” You looked down at your phone. “Erm… I don’t know you, but I kinda thinka shoulda.”
You sang quietly and looked embarrassed but your voice was good. I relaxed and sang the next lyric with a tad more gusto.
“Your lips are making me lose control.”
I shuffled a bit closer to you to hear you sing. You edged towards me in return before completing the lyric…
“And damn those eyes are gunna make me fall.”
I smiled.
“You didn’t do the ow!”
“What?” you said.
We were drawing closer to one another.
“After ‘gunna make me fall’ there’s an ow! Like James Brown.”
“I can’t do that.”
“You can! Come on, let’s do it again.”
Another plan was forming in my mind.
“Fine.”
“Okay I’ll start again. Do the beat…. Okay… Bang, bang baby. Shake, shake sugar.”
“I don’t know you, but I kinda thinka shoulda.”
You were ready this time. I moved a tad closer to you. We were inches apart.
“Your lips are making me lose control…”
You moved closer to me, I could see where a bit of lipstick had smudged your teeth. My eyes were drawn to your mouth. My head seemed to be following.
“And damn those eyes are gunna make me fall.”
You tilted your head left, I went right. I could feel your breath on my face. Just as I was about the make contact, you shoved your hand into my chest and held me in place.
“Ow!”
I laughed, it was a brilliant James Brown. The laughter took me off guard however, and you kissed me. You kissed me clean on the lips, it took me by surprise for a second but soon I was coming back at you with everything I had.
It was not the kiss of two adults, it was the kiss of two teenagers at a school disco. It was a kiss of lust and passion. A kiss to stop the world moving, a kiss to launch a new life.
A kiss to ruin us all.
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈπ
My Review
5☆ Fantastic!
You, Me and Us is very much an addictive read!
Once I started reading the time just flew by as I eagerly turned the pages!
Jimmy isn't exactly great with the ladies.... that is until he meets Erin Poppet.
She's everything and more.
He can't believe his luck when she agrees to come watch his band play at a gig where he works.
From that moment on they are entwined in a whirlwind romance.
Well that is until Daniel comes on the scene!
He is Erin' s Ex and he knows exactly how to mess with Jimmy's head!
After moving in with Erin after a couple of weeks. Things just don't seem to be adding up. Jimmy is getting more and more paranoid, till he discovers something on Erin' s computer!....
The End of Jimmy & Erin!!!
Just like that his homeless and heading in a downward spiral of self destruction!
Poor Jimmy is left heartbroken!
I adored Liam's easy style of writing. It just flowed right off the pages.
The story is written in Jimmy's voice and you are treated to all the juicy dialogue between conversations.
I liked Jimmy but could see early signs of a lack of self confidence and self esteem. Erin unfortunately thrived on his gullible personality and he's need to be liked.
Oh and I just want to say I loved the song 'Bang Bang ' such a catchy tune!
In fact I felt my self singing along to the songs mentioned in the book.
I thoroughly enjoyed You, Me and Us. It's a fun fast paced read, short meaningful chapters, great characters ( I even warmed to Ryan, Jimmy' s sarcastic band mate) , I was swept away with Jimmy's story. It's one you won't want to miss!
This book contains, mild sex scenes, some drug use and swearing. Just as a pre warning!
But i definetly recommend this book. Perfect anytime read!
Enjoy!
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€
Author Bio
My name is Liam; I am an author from Manchester, UK. I love three things in this world, writing, reading and the viral video of the Irish family trying to catch a bat. (My girlfriend, family, friends and cats may be unhappy with this).
My hobbies include listening to podcasts, watching grown men fight and trying every possible type of ground coffee in the world.
Here are my Top Ten reasons to read my book or spend the night with me…
Here are my Top Ten reasons to read my book or spend the night with me…
1. It won’t cost you much.
2. It will be over relatively quickly.
3. I will be very grateful.
4. You can tell other people about it if you enjoyed it.
5. If not, don’t bother.
6. It’s always fun to have something in your hands to flick through.
7. You can review it online.
8. It will leave a mark on you.
9. You won’t want to put it down.
10. It’ll make you laugh.
Social Media Links –
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15316750.Liam_Hurleyπ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈπ
Giveaway
Win a signed copy of You, Me and Us (Open to UK only)
CLICK ➡ Here to ENTER the Giveaway
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€
If you enjoyed my Blog post then please share so we can get everyone reading and Talking about.........
You, Me and Us!
Follow the Blog Tour by checking out the Poster Below⬇
Happy Reading!!
π€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈππ€πΈπ


Comments
Post a Comment