Blog Tour - The Oath
Blog Tour
πππππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
My Review
4.5☆ Exciting, Dark, Thrilling, Page Turner!
The Oath is such an Exciting, Dark and Thrilling Read, once I started reading I was hooked.
I'm not going to go into any detail about the plot as the blurb gives an intriguing look into what The Oath is about.
It's so good i urge you to delve into the horror, chaos and underhanded, dangerous tactics of the bullying prefects.
I really liked how Lewis built up the dark and sinister atmosphere of Blackleigh School. The emotional and panicked journey to the school, who to steer clear from,
the Ethos and Ethics clearly marked out showing hierarchy between students with brutal initiations, violence, bullying and abuse. All added to the richly atmospheric plot.
My only niggle and the reason for not a full 5 stars was the amount of characters I had to come to terms with so early on and how they used surnames (which I understand added to the authenticity) but this book is aimed at the Younger Adult readers and it could become complicated as they switched from surnames to first names.
However once I figured out who was who I did settle down.
But that is just my own niggle and I did thoroughly enjoy reading it.
There are some dark and sensitive subjects such as abuse, bullying, threats, suicide, sex, ridiculing, which some readers might find hard to read. However Lewis handled them with the right amount of sensitivity to still make an impact and stay relevant to the plot.
The Oath is a thrilling, Character Driven, Page Turner about Friendships, secrets and survival. It will get under your skin as you prey the boys survive the school year.
The characters are superbly written and believable, not all likeable by any means but that's what makes the book so great.
I'm not really sure where this book fits into in terms of genre as there is a lil bit of everything... Thriller, YA Fiction, Drama.
So if your looking for a gritty, dark, pacy, Enthralling read that will keep you on your toes, then you need to pick up a copy of The Oath!
ππππππππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about......The Oath by Michael L. Lewis
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
πππππππππππππππππππ
The Oath
by Michael L. Lewis
On my blog today I have the pleasure of
sharing with you.........
The Oath
I would like to thank Rachel Random Resources and Michael L. Lewis for inviting me on the blog tour.
πππππππππππππππππππ
Book Information
THREE JUNIORS
A BLOOD OATH
A DEADLY OUTCOME
1955. The polished veneer of a boys’ boarding school in Northern England masks a cadre of wickedness. Seniors viciously torment any junior they deem unfit. Jonathan Simon, in his first term is warned that there are three monsters in his dorm; seniors Flicker, Sleeth and Tunk, and that the code of conduct mandates no snitching.
Simon befriends two other juniors; pixie-faced Ian Gracey and witty, grossly overweight Arthur Crown. During a cross-country run, the three friends take a short cut and stumble into the cadet rifle range. Corps Sergeant Sleeth puts them through a degrading punishment using human excrement. The three juniors swear a blood oath never to allow another bully to abuse them.
Will this oath be their downfall, or will they make it through the school year? Snitching could have serious consequences but keeping silent will break their blood oath.
As Simon, Gracey and Crown try to survive this perilous journey, the constant threat of harm brings their friendship ever closer...
Purchase Links
Blackwell’s: https://blackwells.co.uk/bookshop/product/The-Oath-by-Michael-L-Lewis-author/9781912575862
Book Depository (Free Worldwide Shipping): https://www.bookdepository.com/The-Oath-Michael-L-Lewis/9781912575862
πππππππππππππππππππππ
4.5☆ Exciting, Dark, Thrilling, Page Turner!
The Oath is such an Exciting, Dark and Thrilling Read, once I started reading I was hooked.
I'm not going to go into any detail about the plot as the blurb gives an intriguing look into what The Oath is about.
It's so good i urge you to delve into the horror, chaos and underhanded, dangerous tactics of the bullying prefects.
I really liked how Lewis built up the dark and sinister atmosphere of Blackleigh School. The emotional and panicked journey to the school, who to steer clear from,
the Ethos and Ethics clearly marked out showing hierarchy between students with brutal initiations, violence, bullying and abuse. All added to the richly atmospheric plot.
My only niggle and the reason for not a full 5 stars was the amount of characters I had to come to terms with so early on and how they used surnames (which I understand added to the authenticity) but this book is aimed at the Younger Adult readers and it could become complicated as they switched from surnames to first names.
However once I figured out who was who I did settle down.
But that is just my own niggle and I did thoroughly enjoy reading it.
There are some dark and sensitive subjects such as abuse, bullying, threats, suicide, sex, ridiculing, which some readers might find hard to read. However Lewis handled them with the right amount of sensitivity to still make an impact and stay relevant to the plot.
The Oath is a thrilling, Character Driven, Page Turner about Friendships, secrets and survival. It will get under your skin as you prey the boys survive the school year.
The characters are superbly written and believable, not all likeable by any means but that's what makes the book so great.
I'm not really sure where this book fits into in terms of genre as there is a lil bit of everything... Thriller, YA Fiction, Drama.
So if your looking for a gritty, dark, pacy, Enthralling read that will keep you on your toes, then you need to pick up a copy of The Oath!
πππππππππππππππππππππ
Giveaway
Win 3 x Paperback copies of
The Oath by Michael L. Lewis
(UK Only)
*Terms and Conditions –UK entries welcome. Please enter using the Rafflecopter box below. The winner will be selected at random via Rafflecopter from all valid entries and will be notified by Twitter and/or email. If no response is received within 7 days then Rachel’s Random Resources reserves the right to select an alternative winner. Open to all entrants aged 18 or over. Any personal data given as part of the competition entry is used for this purpose only and will not be shared with third parties, with the exception of the winners’ information. This will passed to the giveaway organiser and used only for fulfilment of the prize, after which time Rachel’s Random Resources will delete the data. I am not responsible for despatch or delivery of the prize.
πππππππππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
Michael L. Lewis was born and raised in England. After preparatory school in London, he was educated at Stowe School, Buckingham. Michael now lives in Los Angeles, California, has a law degree, and writes full-time. He was on the Board of Trustees for several schools and has been a member of the same book club for twenty-five years.
Social Media Links –
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about......The Oath by Michael L. Lewis
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
πππππππππππππππππππ





Comments
Post a Comment