Blog Tour - Fire Burn, Cauldron Bubble
Information about the Book
Title: Fire Burn, Cauldron Burn
Editor: Paul Cookson
Illustrated by: Eilidh Muldoon
Genre: MG Poetry
Publication Date: 17th September 2020
Page Count: 160
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Summary:
Can you hear the distant dragon's rumble of thunder? And smell the sweet swampy aroma
of the ogre? Can you taste the tangy tarantula tarts? And see the girl who's really a wizard?
From magic carpets and wands to unicorns, potions, creams and lotions, Paul Cookson's brewing a spell of fantastically magic poems.
On this tattered magic carpet You can choose your destination For nothings quite as magical
As your imagination Beautifully illustrated, this enchanting anthology brings together work
from a range of classic, established and rising poets including Shakespeare, Lewis Carroll, Benjamin Zephaniah, John Agard, Valerie
Bloom, Matt Goodfellow, Joshua Seigal and
A.F. Harrold.
Whether you're in the mood for a haunting or
a spell gone wrong, this collection of mesmerising poems will have you bewitched from beginning to end!
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54968419-fire-burn-cauldron-bubble
Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fire-Burn-Cauldron-Bubble-Magical/dp/1472958152
Fire Burn, Cauldron Bubble is the perfect Children's spooky Poetry book and fits right in with it being October and Halloween.
I have to say this book is simply a delight to look at, the striking orange cover is eye catching and this is one of those books that feels special to hold and treasure. Would make the perfect gift.
The Poems are fun, quirky, humorous, some I already know which was so nice to see and bought back childhood memories.
Most of the poems had pictures which were beautifully illustrated and helped bring the poems to life.
Some of the wording might be a lil tricky for younger readers so I would definitely recommend giving a lil helping hand.
I definitely had some favourite poems, that had me giggling out loud.
Examples:
*Song of the Witches ( when the internet wasn't working) ,
*An Example of My Amazing Ability to make People Spontaneously Combust without even touching them
*The Witches Cookbook,
* How to Turn Your Teacher Purple
* The Magic Kitchen Carpet
* Ooshus Magooshus
* Song of the Witches from Macbeth
I loved the eclectic mix of old and new, with poems from the greats like Shakespeare and Lewis Carol, which was wonderful to see.
So as you can see this Captivating Poetry book really is a Magical Delight.
Children and Adults alike will indeed have lots of fun reading all the Enchanting Poems, and who knows it may just inspire you to create your own spooky poetry.
I can't recommend reading this gorgeous book enough, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!





Comments
Post a Comment