Blog Tour - Cookfulness



Cookfulness 
by Ian Taverna


I would like to thank Authoright and Clink Street Publishing for inviting me on this fabulous Blog Tour 


πŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ 


Book Title: Cookfulness: A Therapeutic Approach to Cooking 
Author: Ian Taverner 
Genre: Non-Fiction 
Publication Date: 29th October 2020 
Page Count: 154 
Publisher: Clink Street Publishing 


Summary 

Create Space For The Happy Stuff! This cookbook is crammed full of new and innovative ways, hints and tips, designed specifically for people with chronic pain and mental health conditions, by me, a fellow sufferer. 

It is all to help you WANT to cook, not have to! Cooking really can be a therapy. Cooking really can ignite your passions. Cooking really is possible! 

If you are having a bad day, I want to make it better. If you are having a better day, I want to make it good. If you are having a good day, I want to make it great. If you are having a great day, good on you! 


Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/55771882-cookfulness 

Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cookfulness-Therapeutic-Approach-Ian- Taverner/dp/1913568792


πŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ

 My Review


5☆ Humble, Delicious, Therapeutic approach to cooking. I can't Recommend Enough!

When I first read the blurb for Cookfulness it jumped out to me as I can relate, I was so excited. 
It makes such a refreshing change to read a cookbook from someone who actually understands what it's like to live with pain every day and not preach what you should and shouldn't be eating or doing.... but introducing tips to bring the fun and joy back into cooking.
I too suffer every day with chronic pain and fatigue, I have rheumatoid arthritis.

What I loved about this cookbook is that it's not just about food, Taverner has created a mindfulness and as it states, a therapeutic approach to cooking.
Whether like me you suffer with chronic disability, chronic fatigue, mental health or anxiety.
This book gives you plenty of tips and tricks to fall not only in love with food but cooking and music... mustn't forget a cooking playlist. Music and Food both good for the soul!

All the recipes are measured in UK measurements which I loved as cup measurements in the UK are never 100% accurate I find.

The recipes are gluten and wheat free so perfect for those who have intolerances.
Although they are gluten free as Taverner suggests you can always swap ingredients to suit you.
So please don't be put off by the fact it's gluten free!

There are no pictures with this book, some may find that an issue and to be honest I'm normally one of those people.... but I understand and get the ethos behind why Taverner has purposely left them out, to boost confidence and self esteem. As like he said sometimes if things dont look like the very beautiful photograph we get disappointed and upset.

All recipes contain a difficulty rating, time needed, utensils, ingredients, method. Most also have tips and hints and ways to change it up.

The book is split into the following Chapters :-
*Early & Late
Smoothies
Overnight Oats
Eggs
*Anytime
* For Me and / or Family
Burgers
Easy Creamy Curry
Stuffed Peppers
Egg Fried Rice
Stir Fries
Omelette
Salads
* The Sweet Stuff
* Party Time
My Girl's Tortizzas!
* Handies
Cheese Sauce
Coleslaws
Infused Oils
Roast Potato 4 Ways
Chip Dips
In Bag Marinades
Salt
Salad Dressings

There are so many delicious recipes I am looking forward to trying. They are delicious hearty dishes, that are affordable, easy to do and lots of family favourites such as Pizzas, Toad in the Hole, Cheesy Topped Cottage Pie, Beef Lasagne, Mexican Burger, Whole Roast Chicken Dinner, Fajitas, Vegetable Stuffed Peppers, Spaghetti Carbonara, Fruit Crumble, Brownies, Eton Mess to name a few. So as you can see a good selection.

So if you want a humble, delicious cookbook that not only will make your tumble rumble, will bring the Fun, Joy and Happiness back into cooking, and give tips and advice on cooking and managing pain, anxiety, fatigue, brain fog etc... then I highly recommend you pick up a copy of this fantastic Cookbook!


πŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ

Mini Excerpt 






πŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ 

Author Bio


I currently live in the New Forest, originally from the Isle of Man, with my wife and 2 daughters and our dog, Alfie. I'm a chronic fibromyalgia, arthritis, depression and anxiety sufferer and survivor! 

Chronic pain conditions are often misunderstood, especially the devastating effect they can have on you and your family. I know first-hand how it can very quickly drag you, and those around you, right down.

 I wrote Cookfulness to show fellow sufferers and their loved ones that you aren’t alone, you most definitely are not alone. I wrote Cookfulness to give people a real shot at improving their quality of life and bring back together disparate families, just as cooking has done for me, by giving a reason for being. 

Learning how to cook again, how to adapt to how my body and mind were feeling and what they were screaming at me, how it really was possible to cook and harness the enjoyment and sheer pleasure of it, made me realise the real power of cooking. Cooking gave me a route, a path, some pride, some passion and, most importantly, a role and the drive to become a real part of the family again. 

 All my battles, defeats and successes, using very real and raw experiences, have been distilled down to create “Cookfulness", a genuinely therapeutic approach to cooking!


 Instagram: http://instagram.com/cookfulness 

Twitter: http://twitter.com/cookfulness


πŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ 

 If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about...... Cookfulness by Ian Taverna 

 You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the poster below ⬇️  




πŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸπŸ‘»πŸŽƒπŸ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Blog Tour- Father Figure - 7/6/18