Book Review - Older and Wider





Older and Wider 
by Jenny Eclair




I would like to thank Netgalley and Quercus Books for giving me the opportunity to read this wonderful book!



🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷

Book Information

'If you're after an in-depth medical or psychological insight into the menopause, I'm afraid you've opened the wrong book - I'm not a doctor . . . However, I am a woman and I do know how it feels to be menopausal, so this book is written from experience and the heart and I hope it makes you laugh and feel better.' JE


Older and Wider is Jenny Eclair's hilarious, irreverent and refreshingly honest compendium of the menopause. From C for Carb-loading and G for Getting Your Shit Together to I for Invisibility and V for Vaginas, Jenny's whistle-stop tour of the menopause in all its glory will make you realise that it really isn't just you. Jenny will share the surprising lessons she has learnt along the way as well as her hard-won tips on the joy of cardigans, dealing with the empty nest (get a lodger) and keeping the lid on the pressure cooker of your temper (count to twenty, ten is never enough).


As Jenny says, 'I can't say that I've emerged like a beautiful butterfly from some hideous old menopausal chrysalis and it would be a lie to say that I've found the 'old me' again. But what I have found is the 'new me' - and you know what? I'm completely cool with that.'


🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷

My Review

5☆ A Fantastic and Relatable Read!

So I went into reading this book open minded as I have just started what I believe to be peri- menopause, I am definitely getting the hot flushes, night sweats and mood swings so I think that pretty much ticks those boxes and this all started at 38! (Only just 39 now)

Ok so YES I'm younger than the average woman who starts menopause but that's for another time!
What I will say is I haven't Laughed so much reading a non Fiction book and nodded my head in agreement nearly the whole way through!

There is so much taboo about womanly subjects but lets face it menopause is going to happen at some point, and Jenny Eclair makes sense of it. Us women should be sticking together, sharing our stories as believe me when your body is flushing that heat is like nothing I've ever experienced before and it's pretty dam scary.

Jenny gives a run down from A-Z of Menopausal subjects.
She talks frankly and openly about all kinds of things from feelings, emotions, the effects on your body and the effects on those around you, mood swings, sex, vaginal dryness, medication, crafting, her battle with eating disorder, amongst other things.
Not only does she talk about emotional issues, she also keeps her witty humour which I loved!

I applaud her for not being afraid to tell her story in order to help others feel like they are not alone.
If you read one Non Fiction book this year then let it be Older and Wider.
This book isn't just for the older woman it's for all women and men who want to understand more!


🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼 🌷🌼🌷🌼

If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about......Older and Wider by Jenny Eclair


Cover Picture taken from Netgalley 09/2020

🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Blog Tour- Father Figure - 7/6/18