Blog Tour - Tangled Lives





Tangled Lives
by Stephanie Harte 




I would like to thank Aria Fiction for inviting me on this fabulous Blog Tour.


🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼

Book Information

Alfie doesn't forget... and he certainly doesn't forgive. Can Nathan and Gemma's marriage survive the mob boss's return?

Nathan has tried to be a changed man for Gemma after they escaped gangster Alfie's clutches, but it doesn't take long for him to give into temptation... and now Alfie's back to get what's his.

Alfie doesn't like losing. The gangster has been biding his time ever since Nathan and Gemma escaped his clutches, but he's determined to collect his debt now. It helps that he knows about Gemma's big secret...

Gemma's been hiding something life-changing from her husband while they've been on the run. But now Alfie's back in town, her lies could cost her Nathan... and her son.


Buy links:

Amazon: https://amzn.to/3ldsdCf

Kobo: https://bit.ly/32eYrEA

Google Play: https://bit.ly/34rhUVl

iBooks: https://apple.co/2QlGnmI



🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼

Excerpt

Nathan was sitting on the balcony, in his favourite sheltered spot, out of the wind and in the sun, when he broke the news to me. He wanted to go back to England. I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I didn’t want to return to the eye of the storm.

Since he’d learnt the truth about Gareth, and now that he was a father himself, Nathan had been preoccupied with meeting his father. My husband had waited more than thirty years for this opportunity. Wanting to trace your biological parent is a completely normal thing to do. I knew he was desperate to meet Gareth, so I couldn’t be the one to stand in his way. I just wished we could get on a plane like normal people and be in England in a couple of hours, instead of embarking on a three-day trek. We had Alfie to thank for that. Exposing us to a life of crime meant we now had to live under the radar, and airports had far too much security for us to negotiate.

Nathan had already made the travel arrangements. I was slightly peeved that he hadn’t consulted me first, but that was typical of my husband. He’d always been impulsive. I can’t say I was overjoyed at the thought of an eleven-hour drive from Marbella to Santander, followed by a twenty-four-hour ferry to Portsmouth before a two-hour drive to London. The journey was not for the faint-hearted, especially with a four-month-old baby in tow.

Breast milk is about ninety per cent water, and the doctor told me it was important to drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated. But I wouldn’t be able to do that unless I developed a bladder of steel before we left. I knew what Nathan was like, once he got behind the wheel of a car – he was like Cruella de Vil. He wouldn’t stop for anything. Nathan dismissed my concerns and assured me it was a better option than having to drive through Spain and France to get to the Eurotunnel terminal.

‘I know you want to avoid the long drive, but just think about this for a minute: it’s January, Nathan. How will Luca cope on a twenty-four-hour crossing if the sea’s really rough? I think we should travel by car in case the weather’s bad.’ I could see my husband was excited by the prospect of finally meeting his dad, so I didn’t want to rain on his parade, but despite my best efforts to bite my tongue, my words came out in a nagging pitch.

Nathan brought his dark eyes back to mine and smiled. ‘You’re overthinking this. Luca will be fine. He sleeps most of the time anyway.’

I flashed my husband a look of disbelief. ‘Only a man who wasn’t breastfeeding could make a statement like that! I think the dark circles under my eyes tell a different story.’

Nathan reached towards me, caught hold of my hand and kissed it. ‘I’m sorry, Gem, I shouldn’t have said that. I was only joking. Do you forgive me?’

‘That depends…’



🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷

Author Bio

Stephanie Hart is a debut author writing in the ganglit genre. She lives in London with her family. 





Follow Stephanie

Twitter: @StephanieHarte3

Facebook: @StephanieHarteAuthor



🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼

If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about......Tangled Lives by Stephanie Harte 

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the poster below ⬇️


🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game CafΓ©

Blog Tour- Father Figure - 7/6/18