Blog Tour - Payback






Payback 
by Gemma Rogers





On my blog today I have the pleasure of 
sharing with you...........
Payback 

I would like to thank Megan at Boldwood Books and Gemma Rogers for inviting me on the blog tour.




🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚

Book Information

A dark secret and a deadly score to settle...


In 1997 teenager Sophie White and her three girlfriends decide they want to lose their innocence before summer is over.
Roping in her childhood buddy Gareth and his mates, Sophie holds a party to get 'the deed' over and done with, but the night doesn’t end as planned.

Twenty years later, the group are brought back together when Gareth is killed in a car accident and Sophie begins receiving threatening messages. It seems the party wasn’t as
innocent as everyone thought and now someone wants payback.

A gripping, highly addictive game of cat and mouse where the past comes back with vengeance. Perfect for the fans of Kimberley Chambers, Emma Tallon and Jessie Keane.



Purchase Link

Amazon link to Payback - https://amzn.to/2VKOaMK




🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡

My Review 


5☆ A Twisty and Gripping Thriller, with an Engrossing and Gritty Plot. An Unputdownable Must Read!


Payback is a Gripping, Engrossing and Taut Thriller that i devoured in two nights I struggled to put it down!

Wow! What a Taut and Thrilling Read.
It literally kept me on tender hooks the whole time!
I loved how page by page it ramped up the tension until it became impossible to know who to trust.
At times it was really chilling it felt almost like i was reading a psychological thriller.
So many secrets just when I thought I sussed things out another curve ball was thrown into the mix.

I'm not going to discuss the plot in too much detail as the blurb pretty much tells you what you need to know.
But don't be fooled! This story is so much more!
Yes it's about a group of teenage friends who plan to lose their virginity together, not literally incase your picturing an orgy lol
But something happens that night that no one is aware of. Someone is keeping dark secrets.

Fast forward several years, the friends as you do, move on and drift apart. 

But the death of one of them brings them back in contact.
As sinister things start to happen... Anonymous Cards with threats appear, a dead rat on the doorstep,.... just who is behind the threats and why?
What happened that night?
As Secrets have a way of slipping out and Truths are revealed the threats start escalating and so does the danger level.

Can they find out who is behind the threats before someone else dies!

This is my first book by Gemma Rogers and I'm so glad I discovered her book. I can't wait to read more.
Her writing is gritty, pacy, easy to read, flows along seamlessly and the chapters are short and snappy just how I like them.

The Characters are Perfectly Written and evoked the right emotions you expect from this genre. Some Characters I really liked, others not so much. Sophie the main character drove me insane at times but if I was being stalked I guess I might be irrational like her!

What I did really enjoy was that the chapters were written in past and present, it was easy to follow and very relevant to the plot.
It gave a nice build up as the reader gets to discover the lead up to how and why Sophie and her friends are being stalked.
Which also helped to create that chilling atmospheric pressure that kept on building.

I loved all the cleverly plotted twists and turns galore, I seriously thought I had things sussed then a cheeky curve ball I didn't see coming was thrown into the mix.
It wasn't till nearly the end I worked it out. Which I appreciated as I don't like it when things are revealed too soon.

If you love Twisty Thrillers that are gripping, a lil bit chilling and sinister at times, keep you guessing, have an Engrossing Plot, then
Payback is the Must Read Book For You!
Gemma Rogers is definitely going on my Authors to watch out for list! 







🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡

Author Bio


Gemma Rogers was inspired to write gritty thrillers by a traumatic event in her own life nearly twenty years ago. 
Her debut novel Stalker was published in September 2019 and marked the beginning of a new writing career. 
Gemma lives in West Sussex with her husband, two daughters and bulldog Buster.



Links

Twitter @GemmaRogers79
Instagram: @gemmarogersauthor
Link to Gemma’s newsletter - http://bit.ly/GemmaRogersNewsletter



🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡

If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about.......Payback by Gemma Rogers

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️





🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡📚🧡

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling