Blog Tour - FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO
Blog Tour
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO
by Ilaria Tuti
On my blog today I have the pleasure of sharing with you.....
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO
I would like to thank Tracy at Compulsive Readers Tours, Orion books and Ilaria Tuti for inviting me on the blog tour.
ππππππππππππππ
Book Information
In a quiet village surrounded by centuries-old woods and the imposing Italian Alps, a series of violent assaults take place. Police inspector and profiler Teresa Battaglia is called back from the city when the first body is found in the woods, a naked man whose face has been disfigured and eyes gouged out.
Teresa quickly realises that the killer intends to strike again, and soon more victims are found - all having been subjected to horrendous mutilations. When a new-born baby is kidnapped, Teresa's investigation becomes a race against the clock...
But Teresa is also fighting a different kind of battle: a battle against her own body, weighed down by age and diabetes, and her mind, once invincible and now slowly gnawing away at her memory...
Something devastating has taken place here in these mountains. Something that requires all my investigative abilities. My name is Teresa Battaglia, I am a police chief inspector, specialised in profiling, and I walk through hell every day. It's not my gun, nor my uniform: my real weapon is my mind.
Yet my mind is failing me. Not my body, weathered by the passing of time, nor my tormented heart.
My name is Teresa Battaglia, I have a secret that I dare not reveal even to myself, and for the first time in my life I am afraid.
πππππππππππππππ
My Review
4☆ A Unique Crime Thriller
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO is a crime mystery/thriller that is a compelling and twisty read.
First of all I want to start by saying how eye catching and stunning is this book cover. It draws you right in.
When I read the blurb for FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO I was intrigued by the detective. One she's of the older generation and secondly she's diabetic which I can relate to.
I adored Detective Teresa Battaligia.
Not only is she not your typical go get em detective, she's in her sixties, has health conditions, slightly unfit, but can still get the job done and kick ass, with her experience, wealth of knowledge and no nonsense, witty approach.
Knowledge over Brawn, made a nice change.
I also really liked the interactions and relationship between Teresa and her new recruit Inspector Massimo Marini.
Their love hate relationship, and their old vs new approach to investigating was certainly entertaining and endearing.
There is so much to this book, not only is there a serial killer on the lose that is committing horrific gruesome murders, but there is also a dark and heart breaking back story that draws you in.
It's a slower paced, tense story full of secrets, unease, superstitions, a tight knit community, gruesome murders, mystery, suspense and a kick ass detective team.
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO is a taut, compelling and atmospheric read.
The Characters are complex, flawed, but strong and unique.
The plot flowed beautifully between past and present as the story progresses and the heartbreak and truth unfolds, I found it to be thought provoking.
This truly is a unique crime thriller that I look forward to reading the next instalment.
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO is a crime mystery/thriller that is a compelling and twisty read.
First of all I want to start by saying how eye catching and stunning is this book cover. It draws you right in.
When I read the blurb for FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO I was intrigued by the detective. One she's of the older generation and secondly she's diabetic which I can relate to.
I adored Detective Teresa Battaligia.
Not only is she not your typical go get em detective, she's in her sixties, has health conditions, slightly unfit, but can still get the job done and kick ass, with her experience, wealth of knowledge and no nonsense, witty approach.
Knowledge over Brawn, made a nice change.
I also really liked the interactions and relationship between Teresa and her new recruit Inspector Massimo Marini.
Their love hate relationship, and their old vs new approach to investigating was certainly entertaining and endearing.
There is so much to this book, not only is there a serial killer on the lose that is committing horrific gruesome murders, but there is also a dark and heart breaking back story that draws you in.
It's a slower paced, tense story full of secrets, unease, superstitions, a tight knit community, gruesome murders, mystery, suspense and a kick ass detective team.
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO is a taut, compelling and atmospheric read.
The Characters are complex, flawed, but strong and unique.
The plot flowed beautifully between past and present as the story progresses and the heartbreak and truth unfolds, I found it to be thought provoking.
This truly is a unique crime thriller that I look forward to reading the next instalment.
πππππππππππππππ
Author Bio
ILARIA TUTI lives in Friuli, in the far north-eastern part of Italy.
FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO, her debut novel and the first book in the Teresa Battaglia trilogy, was a top 10 bestseller on publication and the biggest debut of 2018 in Italy.
Rights for the novel have been sold in over 15 countries, making her one of the most internationally successful Italian authors of recent years.
πππππππππππππππ
If you enjoyed My Post then please Share so we can get Everyone Reading and Talking about..... FLOWERS OVER THE INFERNO by Ilaria Tuti
You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by Checking out the Poster Below ⬇️
ππππππππππππππππ


Comments
Post a Comment