Blog Tour - The Mother’s Day Club
Meet the women on the home front . . .
1939. When the residents of Great Plumstead offer to open up their homes to evacuees from London, they’re preparing to care for children. So when a train carrying expectant mothers pulls into the station, the town must come together to accommodate their unexpected new arrivals . . .
Sisters Prue and Thea welcome the mothers with open arms, while others fear their peaceful community will be disrupted. But all pregnant Marianne seeks is a fresh start for herself and her unborn child. Though she knows that is only possible as long as her new neighbours don’t discover the truth about her situation.
The women of Great Plumstead, old and new, are fighting their own battles on the home front. Can the community come together in a time of need to do their bit for the war effort?
Purchase Links
Amazon UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mothers-Heart-Norfolk-Rosie-Hendry-ebook/dp/B07YD6TW8Z/
Amazon US - https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-Heart-Norfolk-Rosie-Hendry-ebook/dp/B07YD6TW8Z/
Kobo https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/the-mother-s-day-club-1
Apple https://books.apple.com/gb/book/the-mothers-day-club/id1481637535
The Mother’s Day Club, is the first book in a brand new Historical Saga and it was such a fantastic read.
I was so swept up in the story, I read it in just a few nights.
It bought back some memories as my Nan and her siblings were evacuated too.
I could talk about the plot but then I could potentially risk giving something away and I believe this book is best being discovered for yourself.
This superb book had so much going on, and I simply adored reading all about the war time history, being evacuees, the war effort, the country life in war times, the friendships, heartache, there was just so much going on.
What shines through most for me is Hendry's passion for war time history, her Authentic characters and plot themes, as she transported me into the heart of Great Plumstead and into the women's lives. Which for me is a huge tick as I love war time reads that are Authentic and make you feel very much part of the story.
If you adore war time Sagas,that have Poignant Moments, Heart Warming and Loveable Characters, Secrets, Drama, a dash of community spirit then I can't Recommend The Mother’s Day Club enough!
I can't wait for the next installment!
Listening to her father's tales of life during the Second World War sparked Rosie's interest in this period and she's especially intrigued by how women's lives changed during the war years. She loves researching further, searching out gems of real life events which inspire her writing.
When she's not working, Rosie enjoys walking along the beach, reading and is grateful for the fact that her husband is a much better cook than her.
Social Media Links – Twitter @hendry_rosie
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RosieHendrybooks
website www.rosiehendry.com
Instagram rosiehendryauthor



Thank you so much for taking part in The Mother’s Day Club blog tour. I’m so happy you enjoyed it xx
ReplyDeleteIt was my absolute pleasure Rosie ๐ thank you so much for having me on your wonderful Tour. I can't wait for the next x
Delete