Blog Tour - Growing Up For Beginners






Growing Up For Beginners 
by Claire Calman


On my Blog today I have the pleasure of 
Sharing with you.......
Growing Up For Beginners 

๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’

Book Information 

It’s not easy being a grown-up, but at 47, Eleanor hoped she’d be better at it by now...


When Eleanor waves her daughter off for a gap-year trip, she finds herself stuck as a satellite wife, spinning in faithful orbit around her domineering husband, with only her clever but judgmental father Conrad for comfort.

Andrew isn’t mastering the art of growing up either. But when he finds his belongings dumped in bin bags on the drive, even he can see that his girlfriend is hinting he should move out. With no other options, he moves back in with his parents.

Backing onto their garden lives artist Cecilia, living in chaotic clutter and dreaming of her ex-lovers, still acting like a stroppy teenager at the age of 66.


Four lives are drawn together by long-buried secrets of the past, and it is time for them all to grow up... before it’s too late.


Purchase Link - https://amzn.to/2W6QeB4 


๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’

My Review


3☆ An Endearing Women's Fiction. Growing Up For Beginners is a story about relationships and family. I had mixed feelings about this book. I did enjoy it, but it took me a really long time to get into the storyline due to how many characters there are and the slower pace the story unfolds at. Each of the characters have a connection in some way, However some of the story is set in

the past and I did get way laid a little. Not all of the characters are likeable especially Roger who I simply despised the whole time, the way he treated Eleanor was shocking... I mean who cuts pages out of a book just to stop their wife reading a certain way! Eleanor I felt sorry for, she was in a demeaning marriage, in the middle of everyone, trying to please, but she does grow in confidence standing up to Roger and that was wonderful to see. Growing Up For Beginners is an endearing story about family, relationships, connections, loss, secrets, drama and moving on. The characters were well written, complex and not all particularly likeable, but I'm guessing I'm not going to be the only one who despised Roger lol I would definitely recommend reading this book, especially if you enjoy your Women's Fiction to be very Character driven, with a slower pace.


๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’

Author Bio


Claire Calman is a writer and broadcaster known for her novels that combine wit and pathos, including the bestseller Love is a Four-Letter Word. She has appeared on BBC Radio 4’s Woman’s Hour and Loose Ends.

Social Media Links –
Newsletter sign up: http://bit.ly/ClaireCalmanNewsletter

http://twitter.com/clairecalman


๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’

If you enjoyed my post then please share so we can get everyone reading and talking about.......Growing Up For Beginners by Claire Calman

You can also follow along with the Blog Tour by checking out the poster below ⬇️




๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’๐ŸŒผ๐Ÿ’


Comments