Blog Tour - The Visitors - (22/10/17)

Blog Tour


The Visitors 
By Catherine Burns 




Hi Everyone, so today is my stop on The Visitors Blog Tour.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Imogen Harris at Legend Press and Catherine Burns for my place on this fabulous Tour! 

So I'm very excited to be introducing you all to The Visitors

I want to start by saying how Chilling and Eerie the cover is.

 Below is all the information you need followed by my Review about this Creepy Thriller!
Happy Reading Everyone! 

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Book Blurb 
Marion Zetland lives with her domineering older brother, John in a decaying Georgian townhouse on the edge of a northern seaside resort. A timid spinster in her fifties who still sleeps with teddy bears, Marion does her best to shut out the shocking secret that John keeps in the cellar.
Until, suddenly, John has a heart attack and Marion is forced to go down to the cellar herself and face the gruesome truth that her brother has kept hidden.
As questions are asked and secrets unravel, maybe John isn’t the only one with a dark side.

Published: 3rd October 2017
Purchase The Visitors From Amazon:

ISBN (Hardback): 9781787199859
ISBN (Ebook): 9781785079160
Price: £14.99
(Hardback) £8.99 
(Ebook) £3.99
Extent: 288 pages
Format: 216x135mm

Key Selling Points:
- World-Wide Publication: 
Hachette in Australia and 
Simon & Schuster in N. America 
- Inspired by highly publicised 
crimes: Josef Fritzl & imprisonment 
of Natacha Kampusch
Target Market:
Dark thriller and horror readers
Comparison Titles:
Paula Hawkins & Ruth Ware

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
My Review
4☆ Very Dark, Very disturbing, Eerie,

When I was asked on The Visitors Blog Tour I wasn't too sure what to expect from the book, after reading alot of mixed reviews.

What I can say now after reading it, is that The Visitors is very disturbing, Very Dark, Creepy and very unnerving, some would say the perfect horror Thriller. This would certainly make a great Halloween Film.

I adore thrillers but The Visitors is a book that plays with your mind. It's unsettling and some readers could definitely find it uncomfortable. Proceed with caution as this book is Definetly not for the faint hearted!

What I did like was the main character Marion. I really enjoyed how Catherine Burns delved straight into Marion's life.
The story is written in Marion's point of view. Her life, her heartbreaking story.
Marion has never felt love which really upset me. She has an immense self Loathing and a very low opinion of herself through the years of emotional torture from everyone!
She quiet clearly has a learning disability but her parents just disregarded this.
Which only added to her bullying and Torment.

Her Brother John at first comes across as very protective of Marion but his brutal attempts at protecting her was horrifying and at time sickening.
 It was at this point I knew John was pure Evil!!

John spends all his time down the cellar with his 'Visitors '  do we know who they are?? Why are they down there?? What is he doing to them?? What or who are the Visitors?
You will have to read to find out.

This book is definitely not for the faint hearted!!!
This book will completlely mess with your head.
It's a very hard read even for me and I enjoy dark thrillers.
For me this book put me out of my comfort zone and made me feel on edge.
Why did I keep on reading??..... because for some insane reason I was compelled to.... I just had to get answers!
I was pulled into the twisted world of Marion and John and I needed to find out who was down in the cellar and would Marion ever get her happy ending!

This book does contain violence, and swearing which some readers may not like.

This is a very different book to what I am used to reading, but I can already see The Visitors is going to have Huge Potential!
Definetly one to watch!!

Now the question is..... would I recommend this book??
Well I would definitely recommend this book if you like Horror, Graphic scenes, Dark Thrillers, Mind Games, Your skin crawling, Eerie, Creepy reads! Then this really is the book for you!! 

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠
Author Bio 



Born in Manchester, Catherine Burns is a graduate of Trinity College Cambridge. 
She worked as a bond trader in London 
before studying at the Moscow Institute of Film, and teaching film theory at Salford University.
The Visitors is her debut novel

Follow Catherine on Twitter

@C_Burnz

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

If you loved My Blog Post why not continue Following the Tour and lets get everyone reading The Visitors



Happy Reading!!

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Netgalley Review - The Little Board Game Café

Book Tour - The Klangaroo

Blog Tour - Harper’s Highland Fling